cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex PRG arrived- no welcome bonus literature?

tag
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

Amex PRG arrived- no welcome bonus literature?

After speaking with a chat rep last week, I was told that my welcome bonus literature would arrive with my card. I even screenshot this chat because I know people have had issues getting Amex to apply the correct bonus to their account.  

PRG arrived today (already used it to pay my cell phone bill) and I looked through all the paperwork. Nothing about my welcome bonus, just the card benefits paperwork and the paper the card came on. 

Does the welcome bonus literature show up separately? There's nowhere it's referenced in the online account management so I'm just worried there's no record of what bonus I got (trying to get the 50K PRG bonus because it went live again an hour after I was approved).

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex PRG arrived- no welcome bonus literature?

As long as you meet the req's for the bonus it shouldn't be an issue.  The bonus usually shows up within 48 hours after the transactions post that meet the spend.  If you don't see the points then bug them on chat or by phone and they usually post them to your account w/o much hassle.

Message 2 of 10
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

I've never received any information about bonus with any card that I've had with Amex.  I've gotten seperate literature about what the card features and protection is but never anything about bonus.  However, I can say that I've never had an issue with receiving the bonus that was available at time of application.  I think you'll be fine.  And as the other poster mentioned, some bonuses show up right after you meet the requirement...for my PRG, the MR points lagged a full statement after hitting the spend requirement. 

Message 3 of 10
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

You can always call customer service and they will confirm the bonus points your account is eligible for.

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 4 of 10
JustBPatient
Established Contributor

Ditto on bonus literature.  However material for card benefits etc was included.

Amex Gold =Amex ED 20k = Amex BCP 14k = Amex SPG Lux 2k = Arrival 2k = Ring 14k = BOA 321 30k = BOA BBR 10k = CSR 25k = Freedom 10k = Citi Simplicity 9k = Citi DC 5k = Citi DP 3k = DCVR IT 16k = DCVR IT(2) 10k = CAP1 QS 15k = NFCU CR24k/AE25k/CLOC 15k = BBVA 14k = Wells Plat. 5k = (2) US Bank Cash+ 13k, 18k = PenFed 17k

FICO scores TU 764 EX 739 EQ 745
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Loquat wrote:

I've never received any information about bonus with any card that I've had with Amex.  I've gotten seperate literature about what the card features and protection is but never anything about bonus.  However, I can say that I've never had an issue with receiving the bonus that was available at time of application.  I think you'll be fine.  And as the other poster mentioned, some bonuses show up right after you meet the requirement...for my PRG, the MR points lagged a full statement after hitting the spend requirement. 

Ditto. I've never had an issue receiving a sign-up bonus with AMEX. 

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't get any literature on the bonuses on any of my cards.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've also never gotten any literature, but any bonus was always automatically added once I hit whatever was needed. 

Message 8 of 10
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

No info on bonus with card....BUT yes you can call in and the CSR will tell you the welcome bonus requirements and can even tell you the exact date that your "required spend" is due by, so you do not miss out....

Message 9 of 10
NRB525
Super Contributor

@DeeBee78 wrote:

After speaking with a chat rep last week, I was told that my welcome bonus literature would arrive with my card. I even screenshot this chat because I know people have had issues getting Amex to apply the correct bonus to their account.  

PRG arrived today (already used it to pay my cell phone bill) and I looked through all the paperwork. Nothing about my welcome bonus, just the card benefits paperwork and the paper the card came on. 

Does the welcome bonus literature show up separately? There's nowhere it's referenced in the online account management so I'm just worried there's no record of what bonus I got (trying to get the 50K PRG bonus because it went live again an hour after I was approved).

Congrats on the PRG!

What was the bonus offer when you clicked through? 50k or 25k, on the start point of your app?

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.