Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex PRG offer in the mail

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex PRG offer in the mail

Would you mind giving me a little clarification?

I saw that offer, but I read that as a current cardholder of another Amex, they wouldn't honor it.

Did you have other cards before the Premier Rewards Gold card?

I don't want a wasted inquiry, account, etc....

Thanks!

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

i have the Amex Blue Cash Preferred. I just think they don't accept if you've had that card before, to get the bonus a 2nd time.

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Too bad I can't spend enough AND PIF to get the bonus :/

You only have to spend $1000 in 3 months.That is only $334 a month. Pay some bills and normal cash expenditures and you got it.

I only make 12.5k a year. It would be a stretch to spend that much in a month and then pay in full, since it is a charge card. I can't pay rent with it :/

Message 13 of 17
Santi78342
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You only have to spend $1000 in 3 months.That is only $334 a month. Pay some bills and normal cash expenditures and you got it.

I only make 12.5k a year. It would be a stretch to spend that much in a month and then pay in full, since it is a charge card. I can't pay rent with it :/

Ask your parents if they will use the card for purchases and give you the cash to pay it off.

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Santi78342 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Ask your parents if they will use the card for purchases and give you the cash to pay it off.

I'm over 30. That's a bit old to be asking my parents for money, just so I can get some reward points on a charge card :/

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

You could always loan a friend/ parent $1000 using the card on Paypal ($29 fee)

Have them pay you back with a check, and pay the Amex bill with that.

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Would you mind giving me a little clarification?

I saw that offer, but I read that as a current cardholder of another Amex, they wouldn't honor it.

Did you have other cards before the Premier Rewards Gold card?

I don't want a wasted inquiry, account, etc....

Thanks!

Doesnt matter if you are a current cardholder. Its only if you have the PRG or bonus offer before. Thats all.

I had my ED before, was too scared at sub 700 to push it. Then after a slight increase, did the PRG, then the Delta Gold. Both were special offers I had to google from private window.  The prg was instantly approved, the delta I had to call in, they denied me, then recond, then approved.  Both on same inquiry on experian.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.