Not applicable

Amex PRG offer in the mail

Too bad I can't spend enough AND PIF to get the bonus :/

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
orestrus
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex PRG offer in the mail

Wow this must be the most interesting topic of the day.
BofA 5k, Cap 1 Journey 300, Cap 1 QS1 300, Walmart 6k,
Amex BCE 2000, Amex PRG, Amex Delta Gold 2k, Macy's 5k, Bloomies 6k, Amazon 6k, JCP 5k Macy's Amex 1.5k,
Message 2 of 17
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

How are you going to make a thread about a bonus offer.....and not describe the offer
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@orestrus wrote:
Wow this must be the most interesting topic of the day.

Thanks for the insightful response Smiley Happy It was interesting enough for you to comment on, so....

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DrZoidberg wrote:
How are you going to make a thread about a bonus offer.....and not describe the offer

It was the usual 50k, thought that was the usual, didn't know I had to specify :/

Message 5 of 17
Beckhsrules
Frequent Contributor

40k Limit on a Prestige Smiley Surprised What is ur earning per year? or Does you have a relationship with CITI which helps you get this high limit.

@DrZoidberg wrote:

AAoA: 1 yr 3 mo | FICO Scores: EX: 720, TU: 724, EQ: 705 | Inq: EX: 13, EQ: 8, TU: 7 | GARDENING AS OF 3/13/2017
Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Beckhsrules wrote:

40k Limit on a Prestige Smiley Surprised What is ur earning per year? or Does you have a relationship with CITI which helps you get this high limit.

Beck, it was amex (American Express) PRG (Premier Rewards Gold) card. You get a bonus 50k points if you spend $1000 in the first 3 months.

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's actually a better offer than the standard public offer. I believe standard is 25K. Although the PRG 50K offer anyone can somehow access via incognito mode.

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you do app for the PRG, go for a charge card first.

Did you guys know that the PRG has an annual fee of $195 and its waived the first year?

You get $100 PER CALENDER YEAR for incidentals (you can select only one airline and change in january)

Thats 50k MR points (valued around 2 cents a point) plus $200.  What a great deal!

In one inquiry alone, I got a slightly better than average bonus w/ Amex Delta Gold (I had some delta miles anyway and wanted more). After 1k spend, 35k delta miles and also $50 statement credit after a purchase with delta (can just buy a gift card!). Delta points are valued around .7 cents a point or more. 

So, $1000+$200+$245+50=$1,495 (rough estimate as points are worth more or less)

So basically, Spend 1 grand, get back 1200 in value. Or Spend 2 and get $1,495

The best scenario here would be for a ED target offer that gave 25k points after 2k spend. Which would equate to $1,700 after 3k spend.

In comparison to the CSP, thats $4,000 spend to get $840

In comparison to the Venture, thats $3,000 spend to get $400.

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Too bad I can't spend enough AND PIF to get the bonus :/

You only have to spend $1000 in 3 months.That is only $334 a month. Pay some bills and normal cash expenditures and you got it.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.