Did you mean: 

Amex PRG question

tag
red259
Super Contributor

Re: Amex PRG question

@NRB525 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Just pay what they say you owe and check up on it every couple weeks for the next couple of months.

+1, and +1 next month, and +1 every month for a while.

This kind of mistake can easily be caught by their reconciliation department. If you only pay the displayed net remaining balance, and they come back in March and remove the $175, and you are NOT watching it, then you have an open balance that needs to be paid, and a late, and it becomes not quite such a good bonus.

So I would pay the amount you actually owe, exclusive of the $175 you think is a mistake. Let the credit sit on the account. Leave the account unhidden in your AMEX on-line display. If they don't pick it up after a while, you can ask for a statement credit transfer or a check.

But I tend to think they will be taking this back.

Well, I'm not doing that. I paid the amount they said was due and will monitor the account for the next cycle or two. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 11 of 20
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I personally would be worried about karma ... That b gets you back every single time .

If there is such a thing as karma then this would be a drop in the buckety compared to all the hardships I have had to endure. 

;
Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Listen, your a business man who's really bad in math. Just pay the statement balance.
Message 13 of 20
stagefoursurvivor
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I personally would be worried about karma ... That b gets you back every single time .

No it doesn't!   History is full of very evil people who lived happy long lives and good people who had horrible ends.  "Karma" is just a way of trying to make people be good.

True, I'm one of the most vile people you could imagine and yet, I survived stage4 lc for over 15 years!Smiley Embarassed

11/14/14 Total CL $1,100; 6/30/15 Total CL $180K
Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@red259 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If there is such a thing as karma then this would be a drop in the buckety compared to all the hardships I have had to endure. 

And if there's bad karma, then there must be good karma so who's to say you didn't deserve a bit of good karma in the form of an extra $175?

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Iv experienced bad and good karma numerous times in my life . What goes around happenes to come around more often than not . Good karma would be returning the money and getting a raise from your job or winning $200 on a scratch off or something like that .
Message 16 of 20
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Iv experienced bad and good karma numerous times in my life . What goes around happenes to come around more often than not . Good karma would be returning the money and getting a raise from your job or winning $200 on a scratch off or something like that .

OK, very off topic, but from another view you haven't experienced karma.  You've experienced good and bad THINGS.    You may have done good and bad things.  The correlation is in your mind.   If ONLY good things happened to good people, and bad things to bad people, then you might have a point, but that clearly isn't the case, certainly not "more often than not".

Message 17 of 20
red259
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Iv experienced bad and good karma numerous times in my life . What goes aroundhappenes to come around more often than not . Good karma would be returning the money and getting a raise from your job or winning $200 on a scratch off or something like that .

OK, very off topic, but from another view you haven't experienced karma.  You've experienced good and bad THINGS.    You may have done good and bad things.  The correlation is in your mind.   If ONLY good things happened to good people, and bad things to bad people, then you might have a point, but that clearly isn't the case, certainly not "more often than not".

Ok, let's not get into this discussion as I can already feel the headache coming on as I try to unravel the meaning behind the universe!

;
Message 18 of 20
red259
Super Contributor

It looks like amex went back into my account a few days later and reassessed the AF, which is a pain now because I had already sent a full payment in. It looks like the fee is applied to the current billing cycle so I will have another month to pay it. 

;
Message 19 of 20
Fico2Go
Established Contributor

@red259 wrote:

It looks like amex went back into my account a few days later and reassessed the AF, which is a pain now because I had already sent a full payment in. It looks like the fee is applied to the current billing cycle so I will have another month to pay it. 

I was glad to see the $175 AF credited to my account.   Problem now is I  had forgotten about a $200 refund which is scheduled to arrive in my closed PRG account.  

Any has experience receiving a credit into a closed account?

Discover IT $19,000 == 12/2013
AMEX 12/2013 ---BCP $12,000 === BC $23,000 ----- 04/2014
CHASE SLATE $5,700 === 12/2013
BoA 123 $6000 === 12/2013
Barclay Rewards $1500 == 12/2013
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.