Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex PRG

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex PRG

@Anonymous wrote:

I received a pre approved offer in the mail for the CSP but on the Chase website I'm not preapproved. Are the preapprovals from Chase solid? I might bite on that instead of the PRG. I would also like some input. 

From what I have witnessed, pre-approvals from Chase are pretty solid, but it doesn't hurt to try (I mean you get a HP, but eh what's really to lose Smiley Happy)

Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I received a pre approved offer in the mail for the CSP but on the Chase website I'm not preapproved. Are the preapprovals from Chase solid? I might bite on that instead of the PRG. I would also like some input. 

From what I have witnessed, pre-approvals from Chase are pretty solid, but it doesn't hurt to try (I mean you get a HP, but eh what's really to lose Smiley Happy)

I was actually approved for 6k. Smiley Very Happy
Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I see you went with the CSP instead, congrats on your approval. What made you choose that over the PRG?

Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not a fan of PRG. The 50k sign up bonus is pretty great, and you can use the airline credit twice in the first member year, but I would cancel it before the second year's fee shows up. It's not a great keeper card.
Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I see you went with the CSP instead, congrats on your approval. What made you choose that over the PRG?

I actually got a preapproved offer in the mail this morning. I just didn't ever think I would prequalify for the CSP. I prefer their transfer partners and the fact that everything is a steady 1:1 transfer as opposed to MR points. Plus the primary rental insurance is pretty awesome as well. 

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Not a fan of PRG. The 50k sign up bonus is pretty great, and you can use the airline credit twice in the first member year, but I would cancel it before the second year's fee shows up. It's not a great keeper card.

What makes you think the PRG isn't a great keepers card? I think compare to a lot of other cards, its definitely up there in the ranks amongst the best. It's both a good rewards/travel card all in one. 

Message 16 of 20
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

What makes you think the PRG isn't a great keepers card? I think compare to a lot of other cards, its definitely up there in the ranks amongst the best. It's both a good rewards/travel card all in one. 

That's why some people (who generally have a few premium cards) don't like it. It's good for a lot of things, but great for nothing.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 17 of 20
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

It is a great card for my purposes. Awesome way for me to accrue MR points on categories I spend the most on (plane tickets and restaurants) then I can transfer those points to Delta for some free tickets.

It is a great synergistic card with my Delta Gold cause I can attain Delta status easier with the Delta Gold ($25K spend in a year) and rack up more miles using the PRG.

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 18 of 20
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@aussiesareforever wrote:
It is a great card for my purposes. Awesome way for me to accrue MR points on categories I spend the most on (plane tickets and restaurants) then I can transfer those points to Delta for some free tickets.

It is a great synergistic card with my Delta Gold cause I can attain Delta status easier with the Delta Gold ($25K spend in a year) and rack up more miles using the PRG.

If your 1x spending goes on Delta Gold, then that does complicate it. I was thinking that EDP + Platinum would offer more in the way of both rewards and perks.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

One thing I learned on this board is that everyone has different needs/wants and so what makes a card perfect for one person might not for another..

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.