Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex PRG

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex PRG

It's quite common for them to put hard limits on Charge cards. Amex is easily spooked.
Message 11 of 18
CostantinoA
Established Contributor

How often do the hard limits normally last? My credit was worse than it is now at approval. That is why I am confused.
Experian - 695 (4Y1M AA, 33 INQ)
Transunion - 686 (1Y5M AA, 30 INQ)
Equifax - 726 (3Y1M AA, 4 INQ)
Total Credit Lines: $99,387
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CostantinoA wrote:
How often do the hard limits normally last? My credit was worse than it is now at approval. That is why I am confused.

according to Boston, whenever they feel comfortable again. That probably means that after a few statements PIF at a reasonable balance they'll lift the restrictions; you could always try to call in to dispute but they'll probably just give you an explanation of why they're spooked.

Message 13 of 18
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Like I said earlier, most people have said 6-12 months. I think it was the $4k purchase out of nowhere that did it since that is not your typical spending habit since opening the card. Doesn't mean they won't lift it sooner. Pay that $4k and charge $2k the next cycle. It's a charge card, so the CBs will never know about the limit and there is no need to worry about util.
Message 14 of 18
CostantinoA
Established Contributor

You would think they would have declined the charged if they were so scared about it. They put the limit on the card like 5 days after the charge. The statement didn't even cut for it yet. Amex is weird.
Message 15 of 18
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

In 15 years, I've never had a declined charge paying with AmEx and I have pushed the envelope a few times. Usually unless they think there's fraud they'll approve it. It was more likely a case of let's limit it there for a while and see how OP does.
Message 16 of 18
CostantinoA
Established Contributor

I see. Thanks
Message 17 of 18
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
It's quite common for them to put hard limits on Charge cards. Amex is easily spooked.

Maybe that is why I keep getting declined. Well, I did a year or so ago. My credit spooks me sometimes too. lol

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.