Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Payment Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Payment Question

How many times can you make a payment a month? Also how can i find out when my first statement will cut?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
crosbyk1
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex Payment Question

I would say you could make as many payments as you would like. What would be your reason for wanting to make more then one payment? Also remember you can pay over the phone for free.

Starting Score: 744
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just asking i know most banks have a cut off limit when it comes to payments per month. I would also like to PIF before the statement cuts.

Message 3 of 11
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

On my corp AMEX account I pay it weekly. the total balance I charge on it I pay in full the beginning of the following week. I use the card for everything and anything I can. Trying to load up on rewards. lol

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 4 of 11
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

I believe it's once every three days.

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thx

Message 6 of 11
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

mjbfan, I like your new avi! Smiley Wink

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since someone already answered your question, I just thought I'd throw in these Amex observations--

If your statement balance is zero, then the Amex pay tool won't let you schedule a payment online until there is a statement balance. I thought that this was just going to be applicable for the first statement, but I've found that this is always the case (Is this the case for everyone else?). It's not a problem at all, because you can push a payment from your bank/credit union's online bill pay. Payments are credited the same day they're received.

If you want to see your statement closing date (if you want to make sure that there's no balance reported, for example), you can go to the "Recent Activity" link, scroll to the bottom of the page, and the statement closing date is there.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Since someone already answered your question, I just thought I'd throw in these Amex observations--

If your statement balance is zero, then the Amex pay tool won't let you schedule a payment online until there is a statement balance. I thought that this was just going to be applicable for the first statement, but I've found that this is always the case (Is this the case for everyone else?). It's not a problem at all, because you can push a payment from your bank/credit union's online bill pay. Payments are credited the same day they're received.

If you want to see your statement closing date (if you want to make sure that there's no balance reported, for example), you can go to the "Recent Activity" link, scroll to the bottom of the page, and the statement closing date is there.

Ok I'm a lil confused so i want be able to make a payment until my statement cuts for the first month? I just looked online my closing date is April 18

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do e-statement from Amex and soon as I get the statement I send a payment to cover the min then some.. Then later on I would send another payment all my electronic.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.