Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Plat. Centurion Lounge ??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Plat. Centurion Lounge ??

I'm brand new to Amex Plat. any feedback on lounges. I know they are few and far in USA, and they specify they're designed for departing boarding passes ONLY, so no Welcome to Las Vegas drink after the flight, and before the taxi to the strip...are these lounges typically jam packed with the plethora of Amex Plats out there? Any feedback is appreciated from those of you whom have experienced the Centurion Lounge(s). Thanks!

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Mattopotamus
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex Plat. Centurion Lounge ??

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm brand new to Amex Plat. any feedback on lounges. I know they are few and far in USA, and they specify they're designed for departing boarding passes ONLY, so no Welcome to Las Vegas drink after the flight, and before the taxi to the strip...are these lounges typically jam packed with the plethora of Amex Plats out there? Any feedback is appreciated from those of you whom have experienced the Centurion Lounge(s). Thanks!

I also am very curious about this.  I have used the priority pass lounges quite frequently.  They just require a same day boaring pass.  I usually get breakfast or lunch for free once I arrive at my destination.  They are also way less crowded than the Sky Lounges.

Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

the points guy website has some pretty good information on the lounges that might help. 

Message 3 of 21
jacetx
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Most of the time I fly through Houston and although there are quite a few people in the lounge every time, it is nowhere as crowded as the United or Delta clubs. Meaning that there is always a place to sit and plenty of warm fresh food and since you are interested in the drinks there is always a place at the bar as well Smiley Very Happy.

Message 4 of 21
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm pretty sure this is incorrect as far as lounge policy. I can't speak to the layout or any airport-specific concerns at LAS, though.

I have used the SFO T3 Cent during arrivals, departures, and layovers. I even once asked the clerk at the desk if it mattered that I was at my final destination. All she cared about was that I had my driver's license, my Platinum, and a same-day boarding pass. It didn't matter that the boarding pass was for a flight that had already landed.

Was I let in erroneously? Well, I've never seen anything in the terms that forbids use upon arrival.

It's busy and crowded, but seems to run pretty efficiently.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can use The Centurion Lounge for arrivals as well.
Message 6 of 21
rex_03
Contributor

^^^, as mentioned above you CAN absolutely use them on arrival/or departure. I do this quite frequently.. After a long flight I will come in for a quick shower, and shave, and then be on my way.. Drinks are great, and food offerings are also on par. Beats the airport kiosks and their pricing. Priority pass as another platinum benefit is hit/miss depending on where you go, but it fills in the gaps though.. Enjoy your card and your BENEFITS!!

Message 7 of 21
tiffjtiffj
Contributor

Will they add more though? I still can't believe there isn't one here at LAX Smiley Frustrated

Current EQ 634 TU08 670 EX 627
Garden: Take #25 (2017 - ouch)
2017 Goals: Citi Premier
Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sure they will be a lot less busy next year when the $550 AF hits for everyone! Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all for your very thoughtful feedback. I'm astonished though that you have to pay for everything except for basic soft drinks, water, juice. Sounds VERY stingy to me! And yes the extra $100 a year should weed out some of the more cost conscious consumers. More elbow room for me!

@rex_03 wrote:

^^^, as mentioned above you CAN absolutely use them on arrival/or departure. I do this quite frequently.. After a long flight I will come in for a quick shower, and shave, and then be on my way.. Drinks are great, and food offerings are also on par. Beats the airport kiosks and their pricing. Priority pass as another platinum benefit is hit/miss depending on where you go, but it fills in the gaps though.. Enjoy your card and your BENEFITS!!

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.