Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Established Member

Amex Plat. Centurion Lounge ??

I'm brand new to Amex Plat. any feedback on lounges. I know they are few and far in USA, and they specify they're designed for departing boarding passes ONLY, so no Welcome to Las Vegas drink after the flight, and before the taxi to the strip...are these lounges typically jam packed with the plethora of Amex Plats out there? Any feedback is appreciated from those of you whom have experienced the Centurion Lounge(s). Thanks!

Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex Plat. Centurion Lounge ??

jdmorlando wrote:

I'm brand new to Amex Plat. any feedback on lounges. I know they are few and far in USA, and they specify they're designed for departing boarding passes ONLY, so no Welcome to Las Vegas drink after the flight, and before the taxi to the strip...are these lounges typically jam packed with the plethora of Amex Plats out there? Any feedback is appreciated from those of you whom have experienced the Centurion Lounge(s). Thanks!

I also am very curious about this.  I have used the priority pass lounges quite frequently.  They just require a same day boaring pass.  I usually get breakfast or lunch for free once I arrive at my destination.  They are also way less crowded than the Sky Lounges.

Valued Contributor

the points guy website has some pretty good information on the lounges that might help. 

NFCU Go Rewards 18k, NFCU Go Rewards AU 22k, NFCU CLOC 15k, NFCU N Rewards 2k, Amex ED preferred 12k, Amex BC 1k, USAA CL 2k, Hawaiian Air Barclay 1.2k, Venture One 10.1k, Target 3.5k, Citi Costco 2k, Citi AAdvantage 7k, NFCU Platinum AR $2.4K, Penfed Platinum Rewards $5.5k. PayPal 2.2K

Gardening till 2018, Goal of 700's by the end of 2017
MyFico Scores April 2017: EQ 682 TU 696 EXP 687
Valued Contributor

jdmorlando wrote:

Most of the time I fly through Houston and although there are quite a few people in the lounge every time, it is nowhere as crowded as the United or Delta clubs. Meaning that there is always a place to sit and plenty of warm fresh food and since you are interested in the drinks there is always a place at the bar as well Smiley Very Happy.

Established Contributor

jdmorlando wrote:

I'm pretty sure this is incorrect as far as lounge policy. I can't speak to the layout or any airport-specific concerns at LAS, though.

I have used the SFO T3 Cent during arrivals, departures, and layovers. I even once asked the clerk at the desk if it mattered that I was at my final destination. All she cared about was that I had my driver's license, my Platinum, and a same-day boarding pass. It didn't matter that the boarding pass was for a flight that had already landed.

Was I let in erroneously? Well, I've never seen anything in the terms that forbids use upon arrival.

It's busy and crowded, but seems to run pretty efficiently.

CarefulBuilder14 had some trouble resetting his password.
Dabbling in SPG wizardry.
Frequent Contributor

You can use The Centurion Lounge for arrivals as well.
My Daily Drivers:
Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express
The American Express Platinum Card for Schwab
The Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite
Contributor

[ Edited ]

^^^, as mentioned above you CAN absolutely use them on arrival/or departure. I do this quite frequently.. After a long flight I will come in for a quick shower, and shave, and then be on my way.. Drinks are great, and food offerings are also on par. Beats the airport kiosks and their pricing. Priority pass as another platinum benefit is hit/miss depending on where you go, but it fills in the gaps though.. Enjoy your card and your BENEFITS!!

Contributor

Will they add more though? I still can't believe there isn't one here at LAX Smiley Frustrated

Current EQ 619 TU08 645 EX 625
Garden: Take #18 (2017 - ouch)
2017 Goals: Citi Premier
Valued Contributor

I'm sure they will be a lot less busy next year when the $550 AF hits for everyone! Smiley Very Happy

My Cards:
American Express PRG-American Express BCE-Chase United Mileage Explorer-Chase Amazon-BoFA 321
Established Member

Thank you all for your very thoughtful feedback. I'm astonished though that you have to pay for everything except for basic soft drinks, water, juice. Sounds VERY stingy to me! And yes the extra $100 a year should weed out some of the more cost conscious consumers. More elbow room for me!

rex_03 wrote:

^^^, as mentioned above you CAN absolutely use them on arrival/or departure. I do this quite frequently.. After a long flight I will come in for a quick shower, and shave, and then be on my way.. Drinks are great, and food offerings are also on par. Beats the airport kiosks and their pricing. Priority pass as another platinum benefit is hit/miss depending on where you go, but it fills in the gaps though.. Enjoy your card and your BENEFITS!!

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.