cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Plat - Get a GOLD card as AU, possible?

tag
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

Amex Plat - Get a GOLD card as AU, possible?

So according to a poster in the Amex community forum, if I have the Platinum card, can I get a GOLD amex card as an AU? The poster said it should cost $45 for the AU. Anyone have this to confirm?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Amex Plat - Get a GOLD card as AU, possible?

@SuperKirby wrote:

So according to a poster in the Amex community forum, if I have the Platinum card, can I get a GOLD amex card as an AU? The poster said it should cost $45 for the AU. Anyone have this to confirm?

Yes you can get AU Gold or Green... I'm unsure of exact cost since it's been a while but I use to issue a Green on the Business Gold Account we had to an employee.

Message 2 of 10
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Yes you can get AU Gold or Green... I'm unsure of exact cost since it's been a while but I use to issue a Green on the Business Gold Account we had to an employee.

That is great! I had no idea. But wait, let me be more specific as this may not work: I have the Plat, can I get the Amex PRG for an AU?

Message 3 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@SuperKirby wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

That is great! I had no idea. But wait, let me be more specific as this may not work: I have the Plat, can I get the Amex PRG for an AU?

I don't know what type of Gold... I think you can do it right online... when you go through the process of adding someone you will get to a screen for what type of card... least the way it was on the business.

Message 4 of 10
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

website error duplicate: delete

Message 5 of 10
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

I don't know what type of Gold... I think you can do it right online... when you go through the process of adding someone you will get to a screen for what type of card... least the way it was on the business.

Online i only see the option to add a Platinum card. ok thanks tho, i guess i'll find out the old fashion way. i'll call them tomorrow.

Message 6 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@SuperKirby wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Online i only see the option to add a Platinum card. ok thanks tho, i guess i'll find out the old fashion way. i'll call them tomorrow.

they are open now!

Message 7 of 10
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

OP- here is the info you are looking for.  Smiley Happy  You can not add AUs to the Plat with the PRG - only Plat - Gold and Green  Green is $30 up to 5 individual cards

The annual fee for up to 3 Additional Platinum Cards is $175. Each Additional Platinum Card after the first 3 Cards, is $175. For up to 5 Additional Gold Cards, the annual fee is $45. Each Additional Gold Card after the first 5 Cards, is $45. Any Additional Cards on your account will be automatically upgraded. If applicable, approximately 45 days after your account is upgraded you will be charged a prorated Additional Card Fee. The fee will be based on the time remaining until your next renewal date. You will also receive a prorated refund for any Additional Card Fees paid on your previous Card.

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 8 of 10
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

@improvingmycredit wrote:

OP- here is the info you are looking for.  Smiley Happy  You can not add AUs to the Plat with the PRG - only Plat - Gold and Green  Green is $30 up to 5 individual cards

The annual fee for up to 3 Additional Platinum Cards is $175. Each Additional Platinum Card after the first 3 Cards, is $175. For up to 5 Additional Gold Cards, the annual fee is $45. Each Additional Gold Card after the first 5 Cards, is $45. Any Additional Cards on your account will be automatically upgraded. If applicable, approximately 45 days after your account is upgraded you will be charged a prorated Additional Card Fee. The fee will be based on the time remaining until your next renewal date. You will also receive a prorated refund for any Additional Card Fees paid on your previous Card.

I figured that, adding the PRG would be too good to be true. I just wanted the extra 3x/2x points for Airfare/groceries/gas. Oh well, i had my happy moment. =)

Thanks, everyone.

Message 9 of 10
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

LOL... don't worry!  I was wondering the same thing not too long ago regarding the AUs on Plat and if the PRG was an option.  That's why I knew the answer.  Smiley Happy

It's a nice dream.

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.