Reply
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 499
Registered: ‎02-08-2013
0

Amex Plat - Get a GOLD card as AU, possible?

[ Edited ]

So according to a poster in the Amex community forum, if I have the Platinum card, can I get a GOLD amex card as an AU? The poster said it should cost $45 for the AU. Anyone have this to confirm?

     
Epic Contributor
Posts: 24,709
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: Amex Plat - Get a GOLD card as AU, possible?


SuperKirby wrote:

So according to a poster in the Amex community forum, if I have the Platinum card, can I get a GOLD amex card as an AU? The poster said it should cost $45 for the AU. Anyone have this to confirm?


Yes you can get AU Gold or Green... I'm unsure of exact cost since it's been a while but I use to issue a Green on the Business Gold Account we had to an employee.

Fico Scores: EQ- 670., TU 705 Sync, EX 728 SoFi(05/04/15)
I'm just trying to catch up to RON1
88 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 499
Registered: ‎02-08-2013
0

Re: Amex Plat - Get a GOLD card as AU, possible?

[ Edited ]

Creditaddict wrote:

Yes you can get AU Gold or Green... I'm unsure of exact cost since it's been a while but I use to issue a Green on the Business Gold Account we had to an employee.


That is great! I had no idea. But wait, let me be more specific as this may not work: I have the Plat, can I get the Amex PRG for an AU?

     
Epic Contributor
Posts: 24,709
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: Amex Plat - Get a GOLD card as AU, possible?


SuperKirby wrote:

Creditaddict wrote:

Yes you can get AU Gold or Green... I'm unsure of exact cost since it's been a while but I use to issue a Green on the Business Gold Account we had to an employee.


That is great! I had no idea. But wait, let me be more specific as this may not work: I have the Plat, can I get the Amex PRG for an AU?


I don't know what type of Gold... I think you can do it right online... when you go through the process of adding someone you will get to a screen for what type of card... least the way it was on the business.

Fico Scores: EQ- 670., TU 705 Sync, EX 728 SoFi(05/04/15)
I'm just trying to catch up to RON1
88 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 499
Registered: ‎02-08-2013
0

Re: Amex Plat - Get a GOLD card as AU, possible?

[ Edited ]

website error duplicate: delete

     
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 499
Registered: ‎02-08-2013
0

Re: Amex Plat - Get a GOLD card as AU, possible?


Creditaddict wrote:

I don't know what type of Gold... I think you can do it right online... when you go through the process of adding someone you will get to a screen for what type of card... least the way it was on the business.


Online i only see the option to add a Platinum card. ok thanks tho, i guess i'll find out the old fashion way. i'll call them tomorrow.

     
Epic Contributor
Posts: 24,709
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: Amex Plat - Get a GOLD card as AU, possible?


SuperKirby wrote:

Creditaddict wrote:

I don't know what type of Gold... I think you can do it right online... when you go through the process of adding someone you will get to a screen for what type of card... least the way it was on the business.


Online i only see the option to add a Platinum card. ok thanks tho, i guess i'll find out the old fashion way. i'll call them tomorrow.


they are open now!

Fico Scores: EQ- 670., TU 705 Sync, EX 728 SoFi(05/04/15)
I'm just trying to catch up to RON1
88 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Community Leader
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,408
Registered: ‎07-12-2011
0

Re: Amex Plat - Get a GOLD card as AU, possible?

OP- here is the info you are looking for.  :smileyhappy:  You can not add AUs to the Plat with the PRG - only Plat - Gold and Green  Green is $30 up to 5 individual cards

 

The annual fee for up to 3 Additional Platinum Cards is $175. Each Additional Platinum Card after the first 3 Cards, is $175. For up to 5 Additional Gold Cards, the annual fee is $45. Each Additional Gold Card after the first 5 Cards, is $45. Any Additional Cards on your account will be automatically upgraded. If applicable, approximately 45 days after your account is upgraded you will be charged a prorated Additional Card Fee. The fee will be based on the time remaining until your next renewal date. You will also receive a prorated refund for any Additional Card Fees paid on your previous Card.


Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSP 20.5K, TotalRewards 20.5K, QuickSilver 20K

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 499
Registered: ‎02-08-2013
0

Re: Amex Plat - Get a GOLD card as AU, possible?


improvingmycredit wrote:

OP- here is the info you are looking for.  :smileyhappy:  You can not add AUs to the Plat with the PRG - only Plat - Gold and Green  Green is $30 up to 5 individual cards

 

The annual fee for up to 3 Additional Platinum Cards is $175. Each Additional Platinum Card after the first 3 Cards, is $175. For up to 5 Additional Gold Cards, the annual fee is $45. Each Additional Gold Card after the first 5 Cards, is $45. Any Additional Cards on your account will be automatically upgraded. If applicable, approximately 45 days after your account is upgraded you will be charged a prorated Additional Card Fee. The fee will be based on the time remaining until your next renewal date. You will also receive a prorated refund for any Additional Card Fees paid on your previous Card.


I figured that, adding the PRG would be too good to be true. I just wanted the extra 3x/2x points for Airfare/groceries/gas. Oh well, i had my happy moment. =)

 

Thanks, everyone.

     
Community Leader
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,408
Registered: ‎07-12-2011
0

Re: Amex Plat - Get a GOLD card as AU, possible?

LOL... don't worry!  I was wondering the same thing not too long ago regarding the AUs on Plat and if the PRG was an option.  That's why I knew the answer.  :smileyhappy:

It's a nice dream.


Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSP 20.5K, TotalRewards 20.5K, QuickSilver 20K

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.