Frequent Contributor
SuperKirby

Amex Plat - Get a GOLD card as AU, possible?

[ Edited ]

So according to a poster in the Amex community forum, if I have the Platinum card, can I get a GOLD amex card as an AU? The poster said it should cost $45 for the AU. Anyone have this to confirm?

Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

Re: Amex Plat - Get a GOLD card as AU, possible?

SuperKirby wrote:

So according to a poster in the Amex community forum, if I have the Platinum card, can I get a GOLD amex card as an AU? The poster said it should cost $45 for the AU. Anyone have this to confirm?

Yes you can get AU Gold or Green... I'm unsure of exact cost since it's been a while but I use to issue a Green on the Business Gold Account we had to an employee.

Fico Scores: EQ- HATE U, TU 671 GE, EX 669 Chase(09-15-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Walmart $400
Over 45 Cards in between :smileytongue:
Frequent Contributor
SuperKirby

[ Edited ]

Creditaddict wrote:

Yes you can get AU Gold or Green... I'm unsure of exact cost since it's been a while but I use to issue a Green on the Business Gold Account we had to an employee.

That is great! I had no idea. But wait, let me be more specific as this may not work: I have the Plat, can I get the Amex PRG for an AU?

Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

SuperKirby wrote:

Creditaddict wrote:

That is great! I had no idea. But wait, let me be more specific as this may not work: I have the Plat, can I get the Amex PRG for an AU?

I don't know what type of Gold... I think you can do it right online... when you go through the process of adding someone you will get to a screen for what type of card... least the way it was on the business.

Frequent Contributor
SuperKirby

[ Edited ]

website error duplicate: delete

Frequent Contributor
SuperKirby

Creditaddict wrote:

I don't know what type of Gold... I think you can do it right online... when you go through the process of adding someone you will get to a screen for what type of card... least the way it was on the business.

Online i only see the option to add a Platinum card. ok thanks tho, i guess i'll find out the old fashion way. i'll call them tomorrow.

Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

SuperKirby wrote:

Creditaddict wrote:

Online i only see the option to add a Platinum card. ok thanks tho, i guess i'll find out the old fashion way. i'll call them tomorrow.

they are open now!

Community Leader
Valued Contributor
improvingmycredit

OP- here is the info you are looking for.  :smileyhappy:  You can not add AUs to the Plat with the PRG - only Plat - Gold and Green  Green is $30 up to 5 individual cards

The annual fee for up to 3 Additional Platinum Cards is $175. Each Additional Platinum Card after the first 3 Cards, is $175. For up to 5 Additional Gold Cards, the annual fee is $45. Each Additional Gold Card after the first 5 Cards, is $45. Any Additional Cards on your account will be automatically upgraded. If applicable, approximately 45 days after your account is upgraded you will be charged a prorated Additional Card Fee. The fee will be based on the time remaining until your next renewal date. You will also receive a prorated refund for any Additional Card Fees paid on your previous Card.

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 798, EX 780, TU 787 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSP 20.5K, QuickSilver 20K, TotalRewards 18K

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor
SuperKirby

improvingmycredit wrote:

OP- here is the info you are looking for.  :smileyhappy:  You can not add AUs to the Plat with the PRG - only Plat - Gold and Green  Green is $30 up to 5 individual cards

The annual fee for up to 3 Additional Platinum Cards is $175. Each Additional Platinum Card after the first 3 Cards, is $175. For up to 5 Additional Gold Cards, the annual fee is $45. Each Additional Gold Card after the first 5 Cards, is $45. Any Additional Cards on your account will be automatically upgraded. If applicable, approximately 45 days after your account is upgraded you will be charged a prorated Additional Card Fee. The fee will be based on the time remaining until your next renewal date. You will also receive a prorated refund for any Additional Card Fees paid on your previous Card.

I figured that, adding the PRG would be too good to be true. I just wanted the extra 3x/2x points for Airfare/groceries/gas. Oh well, i had my happy moment. =)

Thanks, everyone.

Community Leader
Valued Contributor
improvingmycredit

LOL... don't worry!  I was wondering the same thing not too long ago regarding the AUs on Plat and if the PRG was an option.  That's why I knew the answer.  :smileyhappy:

It's a nice dream.

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 798, EX 780, TU 787 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSP 20.5K, QuickSilver 20K, TotalRewards 18K

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+