Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Platinum 100K approved with 91% Util

tag
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

Amex Platinum 100K approved with 91% Util

Hello,

I posted last month to get some opinions on whether to apply AMEX PRG or not with close to 90% util. The consensus was NO. Discussion is right here:     http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Should-I-apply-for-AMEX-PRG/td-p/1733992

Fast forward last night, I also saw the AMEX Platinum 100K sign up bonus but when I ran my info on CreditCards.com, all I got back was CRAP ONE cards (maybe because of my Util?). I still took a chance and applied for Platinum and voila!!!!!!!!! Instant Approval with 91% Util (I know high and going to be paid next month). I just wanted to post this for anyone who thinks AMEX weighs util highly. I have had Zync from past 2 years, always paid in full with average monthly spending around 4000-4500.

Some info on my app:

683 Fico on EX from Jan 2010 (Auto enhanced from BMW Financial Services)

103000 Annual income reported in last nights application.

1 inq on EX from Jan 8, 2010.

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
djrez4
Established Contributor

Re: Amex Platinum 100K approved with 91% Util

Nice one.  Wish I could apply, but I currently have a Gold card and that makes me ineligible.  Stupid useless Gold card.

Message 2 of 20
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

@djrez4 wrote:

Nice one.  Wish I could apply, but I currently have a Gold card and that makes me ineligible.  Stupid useless Gold card.

When did you get your Gold card? I think if its over 90 days you can still apply n get the bonus? Maybe I am wrong?

Message 3 of 20
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

@ibmrad7 wrote:

Hello,

I posted last month to get some opinions on whether to apply AMEX PRG or not with close to 90% util. The consensus was NO. Discussion is right here:     http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Should-I-apply-for-AMEX-PRG/td-p/1733992

Fast forward last night, I also saw the AMEX Platinum 100K sign up bonus but when I ran my info on CreditCards.com, all I got back was CRAP ONE cards (maybe because of my Util?). I still took a chance and applied for Platinum and voila!!!!!!!!! Instant Approval with 91% Util (I know high and going to be paid next month). I just wanted to post this for anyone who thinks AMEX weighs util highly. I have had Zync from past 2 years, always paid in full with average monthly spending around 4000-4500.

Some info on my app:

No wonder my mother got instantly approved couple of minutes ago lols

..jkjk, GRATS!! I would go as far as saying that Amex lowered the stardards while the 100,000 MR points promo is up but that would be bs big time from my part.

I'm very happy for you and everyone who got approved for the offer!! Nice love from amex is always welcomed Smiley Very Happy

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 4 of 20
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

@ibmrad7 wrote:

@djrez4 wrote:

When did you get your Gold card? I think if its over 90 days you can still apply n get the bonus? Maybe I am wrong?

I talked over the phone with an amex representative and she confirmed that you are not eligible for the promotion if you have had a ZYN, green or gold card within the last 90 days. I asked her if it was application time but she reiterated once again that I would have to close my zync and wait 3 months to be eligible... sucks!!

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 5 of 20
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

@CruzImperial wrote:

@ibmrad7 wrote:

Hello,

Some info on my app:

No wonder my mother got instantly approved couple of minutes ago lols

..jkjk, GRATS!! I would go as far as saying that Amex lowered the stardards while the 100,000 MR points promo is up but that would be bs big time from my part.

I'm very happy for you and everyone who got approved for the offer!! Nice love from amex is always welcomed Smiley Very Happy

Thanks :-) I'll squeeze out all the benefits this year and probably PC to Amex PRG before next Annual Fee hits.

Message 6 of 20
djrez4
Established Contributor

My understanding is that if you've held (not applied for) another Amex charge in the last 90 days, you're not eligible for the bonus.

Message 7 of 20
djrez4
Established Contributor

@CruzImperial wrote:

@ibmrad7 wrote:

@djrez4 wrote:

I talked over the phone with an amex representative and she confirmed that you are not eligible for the promotion if you have had a ZYN, green or gold card within the last 90 days. I asked her if it was application time but she reiterated once again that I would have to close my zync and wait 3 months to be eligible... sucks!!

Doesn't that make you want to cancel any current charge card so you're eligible next time it comes around?  Doesn't make much sense to me...

Message 8 of 20
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

@djrez4 wrote:

My understanding is that if you've held (not applied for) another Amex charge in the last 90 days, you're not eligible for the bonus.

Not true, I already have a Zync card at the moment.

Message 9 of 20
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

gest stuff
5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.