Reply
Established Contributor
ibmrad7
Posts: 676
Registered: ‎12-11-2010
0

Amex Platinum 100K approved with 91% Util

Hello,

 

          I posted last month to get some opinions on whether to apply AMEX PRG or not with close to 90% util. The consensus was NO. Discussion is right here:     http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Should-I-apply-for-AMEX-PRG/td-p/1733992

Fast forward last night, I also saw the AMEX Platinum 100K sign up bonus but when I ran my info on CreditCards.com, all I got back was CRAP ONE cards (maybe because of my Util?). I still took a chance and applied for Platinum and voila!!!!!!!!! Instant Approval with 91% Util (I know high and going to be paid next month). I just wanted to post this for anyone who thinks AMEX weighs util highly. I have had Zync from past 2 years, always paid in full with average monthly spending around 4000-4500.

Some info on my app:

683 Fico on EX from Jan 2010 (Auto enhanced from BMW Financial Services)

103000 Annual income reported in last nights application.

1 inq on EX from Jan 8, 2010.

     


Starting Score: 583
Current Score: 692
Goal Score: 750+


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
djrez4
Posts: 504
Registered: ‎08-28-2012
0

Re: Amex Platinum 100K approved with 91% Util

Nice one.  Wish I could apply, but I currently have a Gold card and that makes me ineligible.  Stupid useless Gold card.

Established Contributor
ibmrad7
Posts: 676
Registered: ‎12-11-2010
0

Re: Amex Platinum 100K approved with 91% Util


djrez4 wrote:

Nice one.  Wish I could apply, but I currently have a Gold card and that makes me ineligible.  Stupid useless Gold card.


When did you get your Gold card? I think if its over 90 days you can still apply n get the bonus? Maybe I am wrong?


Starting Score: 583
Current Score: 692
Goal Score: 750+


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
CruzImperial
Posts: 869
Registered: ‎07-04-2012
0

Re: Amex Platinum 100K approved with 91% Util


ibmrad7 wrote:

Hello,

 

          I posted last month to get some opinions on whether to apply AMEX PRG or not with close to 90% util. The consensus was NO. Discussion is right here:     http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Should-I-apply-for-AMEX-PRG/td-p/1733992

Fast forward last night, I also saw the AMEX Platinum 100K sign up bonus but when I ran my info on CreditCards.com, all I got back was CRAP ONE cards (maybe because of my Util?). I still took a chance and applied for Platinum and voila!!!!!!!!! Instant Approval with 91% Util (I know high and going to be paid next month). I just wanted to post this for anyone who thinks AMEX weighs util highly. I have had Zync from past 2 years, always paid in full with average monthly spending around 4000-4500.

Some info on my app:

683 Fico on EX from Jan 2010 (Auto enhanced from BMW Financial Services)

103000 Annual income reported in last nights application.

1 inq on EX from Jan 8, 2010.

     


No wonder my mother got instantly approved couple of minutes ago lols

 

..jkjk, GRATS!! I would go as far as saying that Amex lowered the stardards while the 100,000 MR points promo is up but that would be bs big time from my part.

 

I'm very happy for you and everyone who got approved for the offer!! Nice love from amex is always welcomed :smileyvery-happy:

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Established Contributor
CruzImperial
Posts: 869
Registered: ‎07-04-2012
0

Re: Amex Platinum 100K approved with 91% Util


ibmrad7 wrote:

djrez4 wrote:

Nice one.  Wish I could apply, but I currently have a Gold card and that makes me ineligible.  Stupid useless Gold card.


When did you get your Gold card? I think if its over 90 days you can still apply n get the bonus? Maybe I am wrong?


I talked over the phone with an amex representative and she confirmed that you are not eligible for the promotion if you have had a ZYN, green or gold card within the last 90 days. I asked her if it was application time but she reiterated once again that I would have to close my zync and wait 3 months to be eligible... sucks!!

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Established Contributor
ibmrad7
Posts: 676
Registered: ‎12-11-2010
0

Re: Amex Platinum 100K approved with 91% Util


CruzImperial wrote:

ibmrad7 wrote:

Hello,

 

          I posted last month to get some opinions on whether to apply AMEX PRG or not with close to 90% util. The consensus was NO. Discussion is right here:     http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Should-I-apply-for-AMEX-PRG/td-p/1733992

Fast forward last night, I also saw the AMEX Platinum 100K sign up bonus but when I ran my info on CreditCards.com, all I got back was CRAP ONE cards (maybe because of my Util?). I still took a chance and applied for Platinum and voila!!!!!!!!! Instant Approval with 91% Util (I know high and going to be paid next month). I just wanted to post this for anyone who thinks AMEX weighs util highly. I have had Zync from past 2 years, always paid in full with average monthly spending around 4000-4500.

Some info on my app:

683 Fico on EX from Jan 2010 (Auto enhanced from BMW Financial Services)

103000 Annual income reported in last nights application.

1 inq on EX from Jan 8, 2010.

     


No wonder my mother got instantly approved couple of minutes ago lols

 

..jkjk, GRATS!! I would go as far as saying that Amex lowered the stardards while the 100,000 MR points promo is up but that would be bs big time from my part.

 

I'm very happy for you and everyone who got approved for the offer!! Nice love from amex is always welcomed :smileyvery-happy:


Thanks :-) I'll squeeze out all the benefits this year and probably PC to Amex PRG before next Annual Fee hits.


Starting Score: 583
Current Score: 692
Goal Score: 750+


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
djrez4
Posts: 504
Registered: ‎08-28-2012
0

Re: Amex Platinum 100K approved with 91% Util

My understanding is that if you've held (not applied for) another Amex charge in the last 90 days, you're not eligible for the bonus.

Established Contributor
djrez4
Posts: 504
Registered: ‎08-28-2012
0

Re: Amex Platinum 100K approved with 91% Util


CruzImperial wrote:

ibmrad7 wrote:

djrez4 wrote:

Nice one.  Wish I could apply, but I currently have a Gold card and that makes me ineligible.  Stupid useless Gold card.


When did you get your Gold card? I think if its over 90 days you can still apply n get the bonus? Maybe I am wrong?


I talked over the phone with an amex representative and she confirmed that you are not eligible for the promotion if you have had a ZYN, green or gold card within the last 90 days. I asked her if it was application time but she reiterated once again that I would have to close my zync and wait 3 months to be eligible... sucks!!


Doesn't that make you want to cancel any current charge card so you're eligible next time it comes around?  Doesn't make much sense to me...

Established Contributor
ibmrad7
Posts: 676
Registered: ‎12-11-2010
0

Re: Amex Platinum 100K approved with 91% Util


djrez4 wrote:

My understanding is that if you've held (not applied for) another Amex charge in the last 90 days, you're not eligible for the bonus.


Not true, I already have a Zync card at the moment.


Starting Score: 583
Current Score: 692
Goal Score: 750+


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
Repo-ed
Posts: 2,954
Registered: ‎02-09-2012
0

Re: Amex Platinum 100K approved with 91% Util

gest stuff

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}