tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: It's BACK! - Amex Platinum - 100k MR for $3,000 spend

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@lhcole77 wrote:

@98Supra wrote:

For those with this card, how big of a flight can you buy with 75k points? 

A lot of people seem to overlook the $450.00 annual fee, in favor of points. Are the points that rewarding? What type of flights are you looking with 100k in points? Are you better off just contributing $450.00 towards a flgiht on a normal card?

The Plat card allows you free access to Centurion Lounge and Delta Sky Club as well. Plus you get a $200 airline credit per year. Net effect of AF (just including airline credit) is $250 and when you factor in access to lounges it more than pays for itself (in my book) if you use Delta or use airports with the lounges.

100K MRPs can be transferred to partner airlines for 1:1 ratio, sometimes more if there is a promotion going on.

I recently booked a flight to Spain using my AAdvantage miles. MRPs can be transfered to American. 80,000 miles for RT flight with Business Class seating there and Coach returning. That would have cost me nearly $8,000 if I had paid cash for it. 

So for me, the $450 is worth it considering how I use my miles, my flight frequency and that I sometimes need to decompress in a lounge.

How do you transfer MRs to American?  By transferring to Avios?

Yes, if you transfer to BA Avios then you can book reward flights on AA if theyr'e available.  But it's not a direct transfer to AA as you might think form the post you quoted.

But you lose points dont you, isnt it 250 points equals 200 avios?

Message 131 of 131
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.