Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Platinum 100k offer

tag
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: It's BACK! - Amex Platinum - 100k MR for $3,000 spend

@Anonymous wrote:

This is a fantastic offer however I encourage anyone considering applying for the card to learn as much about the American Express rewards program and the Platinum card as you can before you apply for the card.  This card comes with a hefty annual fee and is a travel card.. The best use of the rewards points is when you transfer them to Amex's travel partners.  It does you no good to be approved for this card only to find out that you have no use for the points or the travel partners do not fit into your travel plans.

This.  Same applies to any such rewards program like Ultimate Rewards, Thank You, etc.  Don't just look at the bonus.  Consider redemptions, which redemption option(s) you can use and how that will impact reward value.  An MR point can be worth very little or a fair bit depending on redemption method.

Message 31 of 131
myjourney
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Wow wonder how many people are going to fall out of the garden on this one!  Wonder how long it will be around for?  MJ they need you in this threadSmiley Happy

ROFLOL
Oh I'm here and watching closely Smiley Very Happy

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 32 of 131
myjourney
Super Contributor

@AvadaKedavra wrote:

Just applied. 

Got a system downtime after it was processing and they said they would get back to me with a decision. 

Talked to a CSR and they said there seems to be an issue with applications right now...

Yeah system overload from  all the apps for 100k

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 33 of 131
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Received a pre-approved email today for the Plat. Problem after reading this thread is they were only offering 50,000 MR points after $5,000 of spend.

Message 34 of 131
myjourney
Super Contributor

@AvadaKedavra wrote:

Err...Called...Approved! 

100k MR Points coming soon! Woohoo

Congrats

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 35 of 131
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Just saying...Smiley Tongue

MR.JPG

CC what are you going to do with these miles Smiley Wink.... you know that I am a collector Smiley Very Happy

LOL use them for one of my well deserved trips to somewhere in EuropeSmiley Happy..  Need to figure out a good value but should be able to get business class RT I would think?  Need to start doing some research on them, but one would think Business class RT at least if not more?  

I haven't used any Amex miles for any trip yet ( Irish is an expert on this), but I can tell you that business class to Europe is the best. I am leave for Ireland this weekend, I am wondering if this card will make it on time. I am just debating now !!

Message 36 of 131
willwar14
Valued Contributor

Well figured its most likely they will use the pull already in their systems to see if I qualify for the card, before doing a hard pull, so i put in an app.. got the pending status, will be processed within 14 days, currently on hold lol..

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 37 of 131
Anonymous
Not applicable

@willwar14 wrote:

Well figured its most likely they will use the pull already in their systems to see if I qualify for the card, before doing a hard pull, so i put in an app.. got the pending status, will be processed within 14 days, currently on hold lol..

Fingers crossed,,,, hopefully is an approval 

Message 38 of 131
willwar14
Valued Contributor

Screen Shot 2016-05-09 at 7.40.09 PM.png

I realized I applied with my Ex frozen, calling in to see if they want me to unfreeze, or if im flat out declined for the card(s) based on the pull already in their systems.

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 39 of 131
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved instantly for both 100k Platinum and 25k Everyday Smiley Very Happy

Message 40 of 131
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.