Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Platinum 100k offer

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Amex Platinum 100k offer

@willwar14 wrote:
I'll call super early tomorrow, if both the MB plat and the plat are approved, that will be another 175k MR points, to addon to my 51k points, 226k MR points, then hopefully I can get a few more bonuses later on this year for a mine 300k points, will work nice for my travel at xmas!

Some serious AF's you got going there!  Keep in mind it is a YMMV if you get poionts for the MB Amex Plat. and regular Platinum if they give both bonuses.. Mixed results, best of luck

Message 51 of 131
willwar14
Valued Contributor

The way I see it, I get the $200 travel credits on both, then again next year before the AFs are due again so, $800 total, and $925, so $125 is well worth it for the points.. I applied for the plat under the 100k offer, so they should give it to me. I'll be hella pissed if they don't.
CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 52 of 131
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just have to leave this offer alone. Having total line of almost 34k from american express already. can't risk a financial review Smiley Sad

Message 53 of 131
CreditJim
Established Contributor

Instant approval. I've been waiting for a big signup for this card for my once-in-a-lifetime. Will keep it a year and then close and upgrade my backdated PRG to a Platinum.

Quicksilver 51k | Discover It $45k | Bonvoy Business $38k | Lowe's $35k | Costco $33.5k | SWACU $30k | Ink Preferred $28k | USAA Rewards $25k | Ink Cash $22.5k | Ink Preferred $22k | Amex Blue Business Plus $17k | Freedom Flex $16k | Freedom $14k | CSR $10k | Amazon Store $10k | Amazon Business $3k | REI $3k
Message 54 of 131
Anonymous
Not applicable

@exCYter wrote:

Just curious if we know what types of scores it takes generally to get approved for a platinum?  For charge cards the only pre approval I'm showing is for the green card unfortunately--not sure if I risk it.  

My understanding is that the UW criteria is pretty much the same for Green, Gold or Platinum. So if the prequalifier shows the green card for you might as well take a shot at the Platinum if you think it would be a more useful card to you than green. Believe it or not DGF was approved on the 100k Platinum offer tonight with EX currently at 635. 

Message 55 of 131
Anonymous
Not applicable

Argh so tempting. But I don't plan on traveling for a couple years, probably not worth it just to collect points and not use other benefits? I do fly Delta so can transfer 1:1.
Message 56 of 131
jasonkm1
Regular Contributor

I'm do not have any AMEX membership rewards cards -- do i have to enroll in this program before I apply for the card? Is this possible to enroll without having the card? I found this statement in the offer: "you must be enrolled in the Membership Rewards Program at the time of purchase" .  Has anyone gotten this card and then been enrolled automatically?

Message 57 of 131
hyprble
Regular Contributor

Re: It's BACK! - Amex Platinum - 100k MR Offer

Thanks for the link!  I've been waiting for this offer for years (missed the last public one) - applied and accepted!

Starting Score: 557 (2005)
Current Score: 803
Goal Score: 805

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 58 of 131
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: It's BACK! - Amex Platinum - 100k MR for $3,000 spend

@mongstradamus wrote:
Its a very tempting offer 100k is a nice chunk of change. I would say at the very least you would be getting around 2k worth of travel.I am including the 200 dollar airline credit in that estimate. It may even be worth for it an quick earn and burn.

How? I will have a meeting in Washington, DC in May/June. I spent two hours searching the flights. The best I can find was on AmEx web site 1:1. If I transfer points to airline program it will be less than 1:1. IAH - DCA. Any date in May or June...

BTW, will the person with EX683 and no revolving accounts (only AU) have any chance to get this card?

How to use airline credit?

I have Green and PRG. Can I open platinum, transfer points from Green and PRG and close Green and PRG to avoid AF?

Message 59 of 131
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: It's BACK! - Amex Platinum - 100k MR for $3,000 spend

Damn, I have 80K+ UR points, 40K Citi AA miles, and 40K+ Arrival+ 'miles'.  This would be nice.  Hmm   I would lose the chance to get the Chase Hyatt card I want though...

Message 60 of 131
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.