tag
redpat
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex Platinum 100k offer

@baller4life wrote:

@icyhot wrote:
Looks like a beautiful card. One day I'll be able to justify it 😁

That day will never come for me. I will never be able to justify a $450 af 

Hold on Baller, lol.  Take out the pencil and sharpen it you may find that the net $250 plus $85 TSA pre if you don't travel abroad the benefits may be better than the cost.

I'm finding that Plat and Prestige are one of the best hotel cards to have along with other tavel benefits and perks.  You are not stuck with one hotel chain, no need to redeem points for perks and a free night and you don't have to spend to accumulate points for rewards.  

Now if you don't travel frequently then you are right, the cost is too high.

Not bad for a 100k sign-up though.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 71 of 131
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some people are saying the offer is dead??? Looks alive to me?

Message 72 of 131
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Got it to come up last night.. Appears dead now to me though.. Although haven't tried more than once in incognito mode.

Message 73 of 131
Anonymous
Not applicable

Applied, 14 day message. Will wait a few minutes and check app status, or hope for an approval email!

Message 74 of 131
baller4life
Super Contributor

@redpat wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

@icyhot wrote:
Looks like a beautiful card. One day I'll be able to justify it 😁

That day will never come for me. I will never be able to justify a $450 af 

Hold on Baller, lol.  Take out the pencil and sharpen it you may find that the net $250 plus $85 TSA pre if you don't travel abroad the benefits may be better than the cost.

I'm finding that Plat and Prestige are one of the best hotel cards to have along with other tavel benefits and perks.  You are not stuck with one hotel chain, no need to redeem points for perks and a free night and you don't have to spend to accumulate points for rewards.  

Now if you don't travel frequently then you are right, the cost is too high.

Not bad for a 100k sign-up though.

That's the thing. I'm not a big traveller. Maybe once a year if that. And besides I'm already doing the UR thing. I just need my transfer card CSP or Ink Plus if I can't stick it out in the garden till Oct 2017 Smiley LOL

Message 75 of 131
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

I jumped on this offer earlier. Somehow I found a link that populated the 100k offer through one of those Facebook ads. I have a Europe trip planned in August and will probably use the bonus to cover hotel costs since the flights are already booked.
Message 76 of 131
Anonymous
Not applicable

APPROVED!!! Just had to verify address!  App is still ALIVE!!!

Message 77 of 131
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like offer is dead.

Thank you for your interest in this offer. At this time this offer is no longer available.
Please click here for our current offerings.

Message 78 of 131
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: It's BACK! - Amex Platinum - 100k MR for $3,000 spend

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:
Its a very tempting offer 100k is a nice chunk of change. I would say at the very least you would be getting around 2k worth of travel.I am including the 200 dollar airline credit in that estimate. It may even be worth for it an quick earn and burn.

How? I will have a meeting in Washington, DC in May/June. I spent two hours searching the flights. The best I can find was on AmEx web site 1:1. If I transfer points to airline program it will be less than 1:1. IAH - DCA. Any date in May or June...

BTW, will the person with EX683 and no revolving accounts (only AU) have any chance to get this card?

How to use airline credit?

I have Green and PRG. Can I open platinum, transfer points from Green and PRG and close Green and PRG to avoid AF?

I should have prefaced that by saying if you were to use it for international travel the points. Since i am probably saving most of my MR for transfer to Singapore Airlines for trip to Asia in either business or first . 

Also about airline credit i used my PRG to pay some of the fees that AA charged me when i transfered some AA miles to cathay to fly home from thailand was suprisingly easy.

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 79 of 131
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

Re: It's BACK! - Amex Platinum - 100k MR for $3,000 spend

Offer is officially dead.

Message 80 of 131
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.