Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Platinum Additional cardholder

tag
Ammer
New Contributor

Amex Platinum Additional cardholder

Hi,

my wife has an Amex Platinum and would like to add her father as an additional user to that card (like myself).

The problem is her father had a bankruptcy 4 years ago and burned Amex with it.

Would Amex even accept him as additional card holder and if yes would it have negative impacts on my wife's standing with Amex ?

Does anyone have experiences with that matter ?

Amex BCP (65.000), CapOne Venture ($50.000), Chase Sapphire Reserve ($45.000), Citi Double Cash ($26.000), Wells Fargo Amex WorldPropel (25.000), Amex SPG (25.000), Barclay American Airlines (22.500), Citi AA (19.700), Chase Amazon (12.500), Apple Card (15.000) Chase Freedom (5.400), Chase Freedom Unlimited (3.000), CapOne Quicksilver ($5.000), Chase Ink Cash (10.000), Amex EveryDay (1.000),
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Amex Platinum Additional cardholder

@Ammer wrote:

Hi,

my wife has an Amex Platinum and would like to add her father as an additional user to that card (like myself).

The problem is her father had a bankruptcy 4 years ago and burned Amex with it.

Would Amex even accept him as additional card holder and if yes would it have negative impacts on my wife's standing with Amex ?

Does anyone have experiences with that matter ?

when you try to add someone as AU, it states that he/she is not supposed to have a deliquent account with Amex blah blah blah. 

But many have tried despite that and sometimes they were still able to add as AU. 

Amex may, or may not, accept. Just give it a try.

It may have a slight negative impact on your wife's standing, but I doubt it's anything serious. Probably ding a few points off her internal score, but that's about it.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.