Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Platinum Arrived

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Platinum Arrived

Received my platinum card today in the mail 😀 I was attempting to get the access and account setup for priority pass so I can stop by a delta Lou ge tomorrow while I am traveling through Minneapolis airport and have a 3 hour layover. I created the account and it never sent me an email or confirmation.....how do I get the member ID other than waiting 10-14 days for info to be mailed?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
cmg15e

Re: Amex Platinum Arrived

Your delta lounge access is with the platinum card itself. Remember, though, if you don't have a same day delta ticket, you won't receive lounge access with delta for that day. The priority pass program will send you a card that you must present to gain access to the other lounges. You will not be admitted without the physical priority pass card and a same day airline ticket to any of the priority pass lounges. It may take a week or so to get that priority pass card-mine took 13 days.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cmg15e wrote:
Your delta lounge access is with the platinum card itself. Remember, though, if you don't have a same day delta ticket, you won't receive lounge access with delta for that day. The priority pass program will send you a card that you must present to gain access to the other lounges. You will not be admitted without the physical priority pass card and a same day airline ticket to any of the priority pass lounges. It may take a week or so to get that priority pass card-mine took 13 days.

So to access a delta lounge I won't need to have the priority pass card? Sorry, new to all of this lounge access business! Want to make sure I'm taking advantage of my card!

Message 3 of 8
cmg15e

Correct, I will emphasize again, you must have a delta ticket for that day. If not, you won't get complimentary access. All you'll need to show them will be your boarding pass, your credit card, and an ID. And always remember, tip your bartender, you don't want to be 'that guy'. It's a great space to have a layover. I will say from experience, some of the lounges are more crowded than terminals, and just as loud during peak hours-just a heads up. You will see what I mean if you'll be there for three hours. There are a few that have quiet rooms, but those seats fill up quickly if your lounge has one. Enjoy the benefit for sure.
Message 4 of 8
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry, new to all of this lounge access business! 

You just have to read up on the details for each program.  The Platinum comes with Priority Pass Select.  You can view lounges avaialble via that program on the Priority Pass site.  However, the Platinum itself offers access to the Centurion lounges, Delta Sky Clubs and Airspace Lounges.

Each lounge/program can have its own requirements on access and some do require a same day ticket with the airline for access.  For info on lounge access granted with the Platinum itself you can refer to the terms:

https://www304.americanexpress.com/personal-card-application/member/terms/platinum-charge-card/36182-11-0/#cardbenefits

Note that the terms above direct you to Delta for details on Sky Club access.

Message 5 of 8
dilettante
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@cmg15e wrote:

So to access a delta lounge I won't need to have the priority pass card? Sorry, new to all of this lounge access business! Want to make sure I'm taking advantage of my card!

Since the Plat is such a big perks card vs. spend card, when you have time, you should look at this page to make sure you have enrolled in programs that require action on your part.  For example, SPG Gold, picking an airline for incidental reimbursement, rental car status, Boingo, etc.

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/credit-cards/benefits/view-all/platinum

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Enrol for the following:

Starwood Preferred Guest Gold (I just called up AmEx and they put me through with the right guys)

Boingo Wifi

Car Rental

ShopRunner

And make use of:

Make use of the $200 credit for airline incidentals (you need to select the airline before using this)

Get a fee credit for Global Entry if charged to your card

Sign up for AmEx Offers (through the bottom when you sign into your account on the AmEx site)

There are probably other hidden things. Also you can try and get equated status with other hotel companies by using your Guest Gold.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I enrolled in all of those minus shopping one last night! Just spent 3 or so hours in the sky club at MSP. Really nice to not have to sit at the gate! 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.