Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Platinum Benefits

tag
timmis

Amex Platinum Benefits

Hello,

I just received the American Express platinum card, I was a gold card member, between my wife and I we would charge about $5,000 a month so I got an invitation to upgrade to the platinum card, no credit check or anything I just put my invitation number and agreed to the terms which I thought was great! I was wondering of some added perks that you guys might know about but I dont. I signed up for Priority Pass but is there anything else I do not know about?

Thank you all in advance. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Amex Platinum Benefits

It's hard to tell what you might not know, here's the link from their website. https://www304.americanexpress.com/credit-card/platinum/

If you travel, its a really nice cc! Congrats on your upgrade
Message 2 of 7
CS800
Super Contributor

I did not see the Global Entry fee reimbursement in the link.

Amex platinum $100 rebate is a one time benefit per card . GE is valid for 5 years

Global Entry is the US government’s expedited immigration program for frequent travelers.

Message 3 of 7
GaTech
Frequent Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

I did not see the Global Entry fee reimbursement in the link.

Amex platinum $100 rebate is a one time benefit per card . GE is valid for 5 years

Global Entry is the US government’s expedited immigration program for frequent travelers.

Also, if you book cruises through their AMEX you get a huge statement credit. I can't remember the amount, it might be $100.

As of 1/10/2014 EX FICO - 748. EQ FICO - 728. Trans FICO - 755

WellsFargo - $3,000 AMEX BCE - $18,000 Chase Freedom - $4,000

Message 4 of 7
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

Don't forget SPG gold and status with car rental agenies such as National Executive Club.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 5 of 7
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

Pick your airline for the $200 airline fee credit. All the info will be in your welcome package. 

Message 6 of 7
timmis

Thank you all for the tips. Appreciate it.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.