Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Platinum CSRs: Cost Cutting?

tag
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

Re: Amex Platinum CSRs: Cost Cutting?

What' the point of having a dedicated line if people want to use it for anything other than the dedicated product? You can be upset, it's your right. I personally don't see how one can get upset for calling a dedicated number to handle other instances. Delta Gold and Silver members can't get their accounts handled with the Diamond line. 

Message 11 of 42
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

And who still calls? It's all about the chat. I can get way more done in less time.

Message 12 of 42
PointLager
Established Contributor

@drz your delta comparison isn't valid. Airline status is not the same as the airline product.

If you're a delta diamond You don't get booted by Delta diamond reps to general line if you're having issues with an economy award booking. Do you?

In fact , the airlines I'm familiar with do look at the overall customer relationship. As do hotels. If I'm SPG plat I get treated the same whether I'm booking an expensive property or some category 2 hotel n
Message 13 of 42
PointLager
Established Contributor

@drz agree re calling. Unfortunately Amex doesn't have then SM function and their chat functionality is limited. I've been told to call in for certain things. Calling is still superior if you're taking care of these admin errands while sitting in traffic.
Message 14 of 42
PointLager
Established Contributor

Ultimately I do find Amex customer service superior to their competition in some ways like dispute resolution, extended warranty claims etc.

The CSR experience was highly unexpected from Amex and this prompted me to post to see if others noticed similar behavior. Not to mention the recent warnings of "unusual delays" on the plat line with recommendations to call within 24hrs
Message 15 of 42
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@DrZoidberg wrote:

What' the point of having a dedicated line if people want to use it for anything other than the dedicated product? You can be upset, it's your right. I personally don't see how one can get upset for calling a dedicated number to handle other instances. Delta Gold and Silver members can't get their accounts handled with the Diamond line. 

simple, if  I pay $450+ a year fee, I think AMEX should treat all my inquiries reguarding any AMEX product wiith the same level of service.  I pay for platinum level service from AMEX that covers my entire relationship with AMEX. If AMEX can't handle this expectation, I would cancel my Platinum card, if I had one.  

Chase understands this, I always call the CSP number when i need anything from chase, i get better service and I paid for better service.   

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 16 of 42
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

@jamesdwi wrote:

@DrZoidberg wrote:

simple, if  I pay $450+ a year fee, I think AMEX should treat all my inquiries reguarding any AMEX product wiith the same level of service.  I pay for platinum level service from AMEX that covers my entire relationship with AMEX. If AMEX can't handle this expectation, I would cancel my Platinum card, if I had one.  

Chase understands this, I always call the CSP number when i need anything from chase, i get better service and I paid for better service.   

Wrong. You pay $450 for your Platinum service for your Platinum card. Nowhere does it say they HAVE to provide that level for all cards. It's not that hard of a concept. Just because you pay $450 for one card that has a dedicated line does not mean you are entitled to that same level of service for a card with a zero annual fee. That's their business model and they owe nothing.

Again, this is your way of thinking and it is inline with a lot of others. A lot of people think they are entitled to things they're not simply because they think they're paying for it. 

Message 17 of 42
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

@PointLager wrote:
@drz your delta comparison isn't valid. Airline status is not the same as the airline product.

If you're a delta diamond You don't get booted by Delta diamond reps to general line if you're having issues with an economy award booking. Do you?

In fact , the airlines I'm familiar with do look at the overall customer relationship. As do hotels. If I'm SPG plat I get treated the same whether I'm booking an expensive property or some category 2 hotel n

It is valid if you're looking at my argument right. I said Gold and Silver can't call the Diamond line. Which would be like non-platinum members calling the platinum line for help. You can't expect the Platinum line to handle non-Platinum issues. It's a dedicated line for a reason, to keep non-platinum issues away to provide faster service by only dealing with one particular card. 

Message 18 of 42
PointLager
Established Contributor

Process focused is never what makes service providers stand out.

If your waiter is absent and you need something so you summon another waiter who is passing by does this waiter help and get you something like an extra fork or whatever Od do they insist on getting your waiter so you can repeat the request. Think about which behavior is more appreciated by patrons.

The platinum reps or the JPM executive client like may not be required to handle other cards but because they do we appreciate the service that much more. As @CreditCuriousity mentioned earlier this is one of the reasons why we are happy to pay for the Ritz AF. They take ownership of problems. I once had missing bonus URs on my Freedom card and the JPM rep took the issue and resolved it. It's this consistency and seamless delivery of experience that makes us appreciate a company.

Message 19 of 42
PointLager
Established Contributor

@drz I get your point. Although I'd find the delta co pRison more akin to someone without a platinum card calling the platinum number and expecting service.

For example, I downgraded my CSP to freedom and I didn't continue to call the CSP line.

But I've subsequently acquired the Ritz card and absolutely call their outstanding reps for all my chase cc needs.
Message 20 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.