Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Platinum CSRs: Cost Cutting?

tag
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Platinum CSRs: Cost Cutting?

I think OP has a valid point as well as a very valid counterpoint with respect to the airline status.

By buying the Plat, OP is a Plat status card member, and should expect a Plat level service for any of their queries, regardless of what that query is about. It's the same as a plat SPG member calling the personal assistant for a lower category reward hotel booked for family members ; the plat member might not even use that reservation.

As a paying customer, OP has all the right to vent their frustration about deteriorating service from AMEX. AMEX also has the right to provide bad service to OP, and will face the consequences. On a consumer board, we can do with less spokesmeb for big banks.

In general, I agree with OPs point. AMEX seems to be in a rut and losing manpower. It's probably putting whatever manpower it has left to only handle Plat issues and above, and leaving lower tier card issues to die.

No other way to explain more than 5 months to correct (still not done, and no timelines given) the faulty rewards system on lower tier cards.

Message 21 of 42
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

Who's a spokesman? Because I can see AMEX's logic I'm a spokesman? 

OP may get that service from other places and that's great, but it can't be expected that everyone will do that. I just find it illogical to gripe about something that seems pretty straightforward. Amex Platinum line won't help with my BCE issues...just seems straightforward. Amex's loss if they do that but I don't think they are going anywhere because of a measely business practice. They certainly aren't hurting with regards to market share so they'll prob stick with the statu quo for now.

Message 22 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 23 of 42
PointLager
Established Contributor

Guys I just want to chime in. I had an issue about a non plat account and Called the plat line. The rep was super helpful and owned resolution process . It keeps me hopeful for amex.
Message 24 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Platinum phone number is for Platinum card holders regarding platinum card issues. Why is that so hard for people to understand?
Message 25 of 42
jsucool76
Super Contributor

While I do this for chase, (with jpm priority services) I understand if they transfer you.

You can't complain about a recording warning you of a delay in getting service on the plat line, and then ask them questions about accounts they're not there to deal with. That is the kind of thing that causes delays.

While I'm sure many reps would be happy to help you, when the next guy gets on the phone and complain about a 15 minute hold time, it could very likely be because people are calling the plat # to ask questions about their everyday card.
Message 26 of 42
PointLager
Established Contributor

OP here. I understand the views here.

In the specific instance I called for issues with both plat and non plat account. Rep took care of one and would not answer my question re non plat. It would not have taken her more than a minute. Likely less.

Two separate phone calls to Amex then? No thank you.

I have to say that was the exception since then. I've called a few times and the reps have been back to their good self.
Message 27 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Everyone always says "it'll be just a minute".

Platinum card holders are getting WORSE service because CSRs are busy with lower tiered card holders asking questions and requesting service.
Message 28 of 42
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Everyone always says "it'll be just a minute".

Platinum card holders are getting WORSE service because CSRs are busy with lower tiered card holders asking questions and requesting service.

Have to agree here. It's no different than anything else. Certain departments handle certain issues. Just because as a customer you don't feel like calling the lower tier line doesn't mean Amex did anything wrong. You wouldn't expect the jewlery department of Boscov's to help you with shoe selection, would you? No, you wouldn't. Don't see much difference here.

Message 29 of 42
PointLager
Established Contributor

If you all read up in the thread we've demonstrated that our calling plat isn't the same as a non plat cardholder calling the plat line.

If I'm dropping a ton of dough at a jewelry dept you better believe that their manager will get me a coffee if I'm a regular.
Message 30 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.