Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Platinum Card after BK ??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Platinum Card after BK ??

CSR said go for it but I thought its 95% no go with BK???  based researching on varies of sites including this one.  She did say AMEX likes to see 7th / 8th year into BK before issuing revolving AMEX cards .. I am confused how is that possible to have AMEX Platinum Card after BK has been filed? 
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Platinum Card after BK ??

I say don't bother

SnowWalker wrote:
CSR said go for it but I thought its 95% no go with BK???  based researching on varies of sites including this one.  She did say AMEX likes to see 7th / 8th year into BK before issuing revolving AMEX cards .. I am confused how is that possible to have AMEX Platinum Card after BK has been filed? 

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Timothy, I don't think I will for now. but do u think its possible they are trying to do "hook , line and sinker" on me due to hefty AF ? so even if I was able to get one after recently BK. I will be always be under some sort of "microscope" by AMEX, right?
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

There are lots of BK freindly lenders- AMEX has never been one of them-

The way they treat their current customers (even those that have never BK'ed or even eligable to BK) don't bother for years or if something changes with their underwritting.
Message 4 of 6
TangMeister
Frequent Contributor

That would be unbelievably amazing if Amex approved someone with a BK on their record...even a 9 year 11 month 28 day CH 7 BK (gotta remember Feb shortness)! I wanna see it/hear it/get it notarized and posted! Smiley Very Happy
Message 5 of 6
wmarat
Valued Contributor

Save $450

SnowWalker wrote:

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.