Valued Member
SnowWalker

Amex Platinum Card after BK ??

CSR said go for it but I thought its 95% no go with BK???  based researching on varies of sites including this one.  She did say AMEX likes to see 7th / 8th year into BK before issuing revolving AMEX cards .. I am confused how is that possible to have AMEX Platinum Card after BK has been filed? 
Looking to get back into 700s club by scratch that about 2012 maybe even 2010 :smileyhappy: faster than I had thought. aiming for $10,000 Credit Card by 2010 as well ! as of 9/15/08 EX 662 EQ 681 TU 662
Moderator Emeritus
Timothy

Re: Amex Platinum Card after BK ??

I say don't bother

SnowWalker wrote:
CSR said go for it but I thought its 95% no go with BK???  based researching on varies of sites including this one.  She did say AMEX likes to see 7th / 8th year into BK before issuing revolving AMEX cards .. I am confused how is that possible to have AMEX Platinum Card after BK has been filed? 

Valued Member
SnowWalker

Timothy, I don't think I will for now. but do u think its possible they are trying to do "hook , line and sinker" on me due to hefty AF ? so even if I was able to get one after recently BK. I will be always be under some sort of "microscope" by AMEX, right?
Looking to get back into 700s club by scratch that about 2012 maybe even 2010 :smileyhappy: faster than I had thought. aiming for $10,000 Credit Card by 2010 as well ! as of 9/15/08 EX 662 EQ 681 TU 662
Moderator Emeritus
Timothy

There are lots of BK freindly lenders- AMEX has never been one of them-

The way they treat their current customers (even those that have never BK'ed or even eligable to BK) don't bother for years or if something changes with their underwritting.
Frequent Contributor
TangMeister

That would be unbelievably amazing if Amex approved someone with a BK on their record...even a 9 year 11 month 28 day CH 7 BK (gotta remember Feb shortness)! I wanna see it/hear it/get it notarized and posted! :smileyvery-happy:
Valued Contributor
wmarat

Save $450

SnowWalker wrote:

IN VINO VERITAS.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}