Did you mean: 

Amex Platinum Card!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Platinum Card!

@VirtualCuriosity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have two cards with amex, and i just now received an email inviting to apply for the platinum card with 40k bonus points, They gave me RSVP code also.

I'm defenitely not getting out of the garden, but out of curiosity, does this mean anything special? or does amex send this kind of emails left and right?

does this email signal some sort of internal "pre approval" for this card?

This is the first invitation i have recieved for this card.

Looks like 40k is standard on their website for the Plat.  The PRG shows 25k on their site and I just now got the targeted for 50k on it after only having the BCE for a little over a week.  Before that I only received the green card invitations (every week).  No, I do not feel like I arrived.  As a matter of fact, I know I haven't arrived.  However, just to compare, I would say you could stand to wait for much higher than 40k if the Plat is of actual use to lessen the reality of the $450 AF.

I certainly wouldn't app for 40K unless the first year AF was waived.

Message 11 of 20
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@VirtualCuriosity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have two cards with amex, and i just now received an email inviting to apply for the platinum card with 40k bonus points, They gave me RSVP code also.

I'm defenitely not getting out of the garden, but out of curiosity, does this mean anything special? or does amex send this kind of emails left and right?

Looks like 40k is standard on their website for the Plat.  The PRG shows 25k on their site and I just now got the targeted for 50k on it after only having the BCE for a little over a week.  Before that I only received the green card invitations (every week).  No, I do not feel like I arrived.  As a matter of fact, I know I haven't arrived.  However, just to compare, I would say you could stand to wait for much higher than 40k if the Plat is of actual use to lessen the reality of the $450 AF.

From my experience since you an amex card already its an lot harder to get the nice signup bonus offers. They want new customers. I was trying to get that PRG 50k offer all this summer and was just not going to happen so i settled for EDP. I only get standard PRG , ED , and SPG offers thru amex. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 12 of 20
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@VirtualCuriosity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

From my experience since you an amex card already its an lot harder to get the nice signup bonus offers. They want new customers. I was trying to get that PRG 50k offer all this summer and was just not going to happen so i settled for EDP. I only get standard PRG , ED , and SPG offers thru amex. 

My sister just got a very fancy envelope from amex with the PRG 50k offer. She threw it away. i was jealous =/ 

Message 13 of 20
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@VirtualCuriosity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My sister just got a very fancy envelope from amex with the PRG 50k offer. She threw it away. i was jealous =/ 

Lol i have an friend who got 50k prg offer wtih paper thin credit file and scores in high 600s made me sad amex didn't want me . It is what it is. CSP is my travel card for time being. EDP is my gas and groceries card that prg could have been lol

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

To be honest I do not want the card as I do not travel enough nor do i like the 450 dollar fee. I already have the amex blue sky, arrival, and citi AAdvantage cards for my traveling. I wouldn't even know what to spend those 100k points even if i would get an offer from amex for that much as I am not familiar with their reward structure at all. The only way i would ever go for it is if the first year's fee would be waived that way i would take full advantage of the bonus and then close it before the fee hits.

Message 15 of 20
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

To be honest I do not want the card as I do not travel enough nor do i like the 450 dollar fee. I already have the amex blue sky, arrival, and citi AAdvantage cards for my traveling. I wouldn't even know what to spend those 100k points even if i would get an offer from amex for that much as I am not familiar with their reward structure at all. The only way i would ever go for it is if the first year's fee would be waived that way i would take full advantage of the bonus and then close it before the fee hits.

I think its mostly for lounge access. 100k MR points could be used for variety of things :-) For one i think you could use it for business class to Far east with alitalia points thru korean air. I don't know about surcharges but thats some nice value there. 

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I think its mostly for lounge access. 100k MR points could be used for variety of things :-) For one i think you could use it for business class to Far east with alitalia points thru korean air. I don't know about surcharges but thats some nice value there. 

Lemme guess.

BKK?

Message 17 of 20
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Lemme guess.

BKK?

well anybody in far east but BKK is an nice place to go since i have family there. So don't have to pay for hotels which can be really expensive sir. I don't know what people want to use points for :-)

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Lemme guess.

BKK?

well anybody in far east but BKK is an nice place to go since i have family there. So don't have to pay for hotels which can be really expensive sir. I don't know what people want to use points for :-)

Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 20
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Doesn't really matter if you don't fly a lot. If you get a 100k MR offer, don't let it go.

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.