cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Platinum Delta CI increase declined advice???

tag
Tryon2improve
Regular Contributor

Amex Platinum Delta CI increase declined advice???

Well. I have had my car for almost 5 years with perfect payment history. I have been rebuilding my credit and got my EQ FICO up to 687 from 562 in the last month, so I thought I would try a credit line increase from $1600 to $3500. I called and spoke to the rep who said that it is a soft pull and no hard pull at all, so I went for it. DECLINED. I just got an email stating that they used My Fico and credit report from 11//5/2011 over a month ago!! It showed my score being 607 and listed many things that are gone on my account now. Should I call and have them re-soft pull to get an updated report and score or just wait another 6 months?

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
GB44
Contributor

Re: Amex Platinum Delta CI increase declined advice???

I would call and ask for them to reconsider based on changes to your CR. They will probably ask that you fax an updated CR. I'm not sure if it would be a hard pull. Others can probably chime in.

Don't give up, you've got your foot in the door with AMEX and that's a good thing.

Message 2 of 7
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

I'd call back and ask them to pull a more recent CR. You have nothing to lose.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 3 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I would just give it a month or two and the report will get updated.  I have not really heard of Amex pulling a report on the spot for someone, it's like recon and application it goes to a back office (underwriting that usually you can't talk to) you recon for it to go to that back office and they might realize what's been happening on your reports a little bit better and cancel the account.

How long have you had this account open?

I'm surprised when you dipped into the 500's Amex didn't take your CL down to $500 if not close.

Message 4 of 7
Tryon2improve
Regular Contributor

Update: I called and spoke to someone who did not understand what I was trying to ask, so I asked to speak to someone else. He told me it was not possible unless I hung up and called back. I got a little upset but stayed calm, well when I asked again, he acted like he could not hear me and then said "sir, I am unable to hear you please call back", then he hung up. So I called back and the person finally gave me a fax number to send my credit report to and we will see what happens. I asked if I could send Transunion vs. Experian because TU has dropped my last two negatives (judgement against someone else and a medical collection that was not mine). EX seems to take forever on disputes so does EQ for that matter. But he sAid they used the EX and that was what I have to send in, therefore I will wait until my dispute is over.

Creditaddict, due to the agreement Amex has with Delta for the card, they can not drop my limit any lower. They dropped my limit from 2k in early 2008 after my score dropped due to ex foreclosing on the house that still had my name on the loan. I opened this account January 2007.

Also, I had a corporate AMEX that my old company did not pay the last expense report I submitted to clear the $140 balance. I moved the day after I turned in my resignation and expense report and forwarded my mail. I never and I mean never received another statement or call about this account until I pulled my credit back in October and saw it on there. I paid AMEX that day and got a request in to have it deleted from record for the collection. Maybe this has something to do with it as well.

Message 5 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Why would Delta and Amex not allow an account to have CLD or closed if the credit got bad? I have heard of not PC Amex card but nothing MAKING a bank keep an account open?

Message 6 of 7
Tryon2improve
Regular Contributor

They can close the account, but I have a very low balance and always pay. The agreement is for a minumum credit line only. I am sure Amex could close it now if they wanted to.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.