Did you mean: 

Amex Platinum Just Arrived - To Do List

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Platinum Just Arrived - To Do List

@CS800 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I believe so. There a tread somewhere on how cards can't compete with the platinum. They compare Citi Chairman, BoA Accolades, Visa Black, and a few others. Im not sure where I read it but it outlines how many of the cards have gone extinct. They say Chase realized this with the palladium and set it free to anyone. I don't believe Chase would have done this if the card was doing well.

True, Chase saw that they are losing market on their high end ot the Amex. Now they just need to lower their AF but I doubt it.

How are you going to use the Select?

I travel to Europe frequently, namely, England. I find in smaller towns Amex is not accepted anywhere and most cashiers either don't know how to enter a card manually or refuse to. While its not chip and pin, it can still be used at any manned location from what ive read. I see select as a sapphire with a chip but missing the point multipliers. One of the things select has over both sapphire and plat is its sickness protection for flying. That sounds great if im not able to make it onboard. Unfortunately, I can't see me booking many flights with Select over Sapphire/Plat.

Message 21 of 62
CS800
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I believe so. There a tread somewhere on how cards can't compete with the platinum. They compare Citi Chairman, BoA Accolades, Visa Black, and a few others. Im not sure where I read it but it outlines how many of the cards have gone extinct. They say Chase realized this with the palladium and set it free to anyone. I don't believe Chase would have done this if the card was doing well.

True, Chase saw that they are losing market on their high end ot the Amex. Now they just need to lower their AF but I doubt it.

How are you going to use the Select?

I travel to Europe frequently, namely, England. I find in smaller towns Amex is not accepted anywhere and most cashiers either don't know how to enter a card manually or refuse to. While its not chip and pin, it can still be used at any manned location from what ive read. I see select as a sapphire with a chip but missing the point multipliers. One of the things select has over both sapphire and plat is its sickness protection for flying. That sounds great if im not able to make it onboard. Unfortunately, I can't see me booking many flights with Select over Sapphire/Plat.

Very true try to go to Edinburgh and use an AMEX, they will look at it like they have never seen it. I'm talking the old side of Edinburgh

Message 22 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im usually around the Birmingham area when traveling. It seems only the high end places accept Amex like Harrods.

Message 23 of 62
CS800
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Im usually around the Birmingham area when traveling. It seems only the high end places accept Amex like Harrods.

Ah i have been there, I'm more familiar with the Yorkshire and Lincolnshire areas.

Message 24 of 62
CS800
Super Contributor

Do you have an iphone or any smart phone?

Message 25 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

Android and iPod Touch. TripIt?

Message 26 of 62
CS800
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Android and iPod Touch. TripIt?

Get the priority pass app if its available on the Android. Excellent app to use on the go.

Message 27 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh cool. Amex also has an app called tripit thats free.

Message 28 of 62
CS800
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh cool. Amex also has an app called tripit thats free.

I just got the tripit. Neat app.

Message 29 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ill get that now.

Message 30 of 62
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.