Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Platinum - Totally Weird

tag
7PM789
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex Platinum - Totally Weird

I agree 100% with steve23111.

I would NEVER input any personal information into a pop up.
Amex B.C.E. - $2.5k - Amex Everyday - $5k - N.C.F.C.U.M.C. - $5k - Amex Gold - NPSL/35k P.O.T. - Discover It - $12k - Sam's Club M.C. - $10k -
Walmart M.C. - $7.5k - Citi T.Y.P. - $10k- Chase Freedom - $5k - Chase Marriott - $7.4k - U.S. Bank Cash + - $6k -
W.M. TU-781(Jan/15) Citi EQ-782(Dec/14) EX-782(Oct/14)
Audi, Vide, Tace. . .
Message 11 of 14
Odiseous
Frequent Contributor

@startnow wrote:

So I will start by staying I'm not going to app b/c I'm in the garden and I haven't even passed my 30 day window to app with Amex.  BUT the strangest things just happened to me.  I'm playing an online/FB game.  I used my cc to purchase additional credits for said game (no it's not candy crush..lol).  As I am continuing to play the game a new tab just opened directly to the Amex Platinum app website.  Like it's the actual application!  I didn't click on anything that would send me there.  Also, I'm on my job's computer (shh don't tell anyone. LOL) and it blocks pop-ups.  This has NEVER happened to me before!  Has this happened to anyone?  If you could, would you app?

@startnow wrote:

So I will start by staying I'm not going to app b/c I'm in the garden and I haven't even passed my 30 day window to app with Amex.  BUT the strangest things just happened to me.  I'm playing an online/FB game.  I used my cc to purchase additional credits for said game (no it's not candy crush..lol).  As I am continuing to play the game a new tab just opened directly to the Amex Platinum app website.  Like it's the actual application!  I didn't click on anything that would send me there.  Also, I'm on my job's computer (shh don't tell anyone. LOL) and it blocks pop-ups.  This has NEVER happened to me before!  Has this happened to anyone?  If you could, would you app?

Clash of Clans?

TU98 751, EQ 766, EX 766 (Lender)

If at first you don't succeed; Garden for 6 months, then try again.

Work the system. Don't let the system work you.
Message 12 of 14
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@improvingmycredit wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

If it's Delta you are after I would apply for it... if denied... go ahead and apply for a Gold Charge of some sorts - it's free for a year so I would do the preferred gold rewards... you should get that... then in 6 months go back and try for the Delta again.  if denied delta and you get gold should just be 1 inq. and if you get delta, then you can skip the charge card that you don't seem to care that much about anyway but it really does help get you to a credit card product with amex if you get denied at first.

Just an FYI... If denied for any Amex app, you have to wait 30 days for the next app.  This is why most recommend apping the Charger first then the revolver next.  At least if you qualify for the charge card and not the revolver.... you don't have to wait a month to apply again.

I thought ff denied for a credit card, you have to wait 30 days for next credit card app but you can be denied credit card and get charge.

Nope... you could app one card right after the other till you recieve a denial.... once that happens, it all over.  30 wait before the next app.

To the OP>  as other's have stated.... don't ever put your personal info in a pop up.  Not a good idea.  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 13 of 14
startnow
Established Member

DUH! You guys made an excellent point about the pop up being a spam or virus triggered thing.  I can't believe that wasn't my first thought. LOL I really do know better.   No worries, I didn't app or anything.  I'm happily gardening for the next 6 months.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.