Reply
Senior Contributor
Posts: 3,279
Registered: ‎08-03-2007

Amex Platinum removed the Domestic Companion ticket benefit.

I got this notice in the mail today. Starting 11/15/2008 this feature is gone from the Platinum card. I'm a little shocked, as I thought that was one of the better benefits they have.

 

I know this is to try and mitigate losses on their part, but sheesh. I can almost bet the $450 isn't going down to compensate for it. Now I definitely don't think I can justify paying it next June.  

Here we go again...
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,754
Registered: ‎11-03-2007

Re: Amex Platinum removed the Domestic Companion ticket benefit.

I have hard time to justify $95 AF for green let alone $450 for Platinum.
IN VINO VERITAS.
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 277
Registered: ‎10-21-2008

Re: Amex Platinum removed the Domestic Companion ticket benefit.

I got that notice a couple of weeks ago.  That, plus the AF increase is making me reconsider renewing in Feb.  I have to figure out how much travel I'm gonna be doing in '09.

 

Plus, my AMEX Delta Gold just dropped double miles on everyday purchases (only one mile per dollar spent now, still two miles per on delta tix purchases). 

 

Rats!

Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 16,375
Registered: ‎03-12-2007

Re: Amex Platinum removed the Domestic Companion ticket benefit.


writemikep wrote:

I got that notice a couple of weeks ago.  That, plus the AF increase is making me reconsider renewing in Feb.  I have to figure out how much travel I'm gonna be doing in '09.

 

Plus, my AMEX Delta Gold just dropped double miles on everyday purchases (only one mile per dollar spent now, still two miles per on delta tix purchases). 

 

Rats!


I didn't receive this notice. How much is the AF going up to?

Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (03-26-2015): EQ 814, EX 817, TU 822
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26 years ~ AAoA: 13 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1, EQ 1

Credit Cards: Amex BCP ~ Amex Clear ~ Amex Platinum ~ Barclay Ring Mastercard ~ Chase Freedom Visa ~ CITI Dividend Platinum World Mastercard ~ FIA Fidelity Investment Platinum Visa ~ First Hawaiian Bank Gold Visa
Regular Contributor
Posts: 178
Registered: ‎08-21-2007

Re: Amex Platinum removed the Domestic Companion ticket benefit.


fused wrote:

writemikep wrote:

I got that notice a couple of weeks ago.  That, plus the AF increase is making me reconsider renewing in Feb.  I have to figure out how much travel I'm gonna be doing in '09.

 

Plus, my AMEX Delta Gold just dropped double miles on everyday purchases (only one mile per dollar spent now, still two miles per on delta tix purchases). 

 

Rats!


I didn't receive this notice. How much is the AF going up to?


 

Not going up ............just another MF urban myth.  (interpret MF as you will)

 

NMN

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 277
Registered: ‎10-21-2008

Re: Amex Platinum removed the Domestic Companion ticket benefit.

[ Edited ]
I meant, after the AF increased from $395 to $450 (I got hit with that increase this past Feb).
Message Edited by writemikep on 11-05-2008 07:46 PM
Senior Contributor
Posts: 3,279
Registered: ‎08-03-2007

Re: Amex Platinum removed the Domestic Companion ticket benefit.


writemikep wrote:
I meant, after the AF increased from $395 to $450 (I got hit with that increase this past Feb).
Message Edited by writemikep on 11-05-2008 07:46 PM

Oh, whew! *Breathes sigh of relief*

Here we go again...
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 443
Registered: ‎06-07-2007
0

Re: Amex Platinum removed the Domestic Companion ticket benefit.


FretlessMayhem wrote:

I got this notice in the mail today. Starting 11/15/2008 this feature is gone from the Platinum card. I'm a little shocked, as I thought that was one of the better benefits they have.

 

I know this is to try and mitigate losses on their part, but sheesh. I can almost bet the $450 isn't going down to compensate for it. Now I definitely don't think I can justify paying it next June.  


 


FretlessMayhem wrote:

I got this notice in the mail today. Starting 11/15/2008 this feature is gone from the Platinum card. I'm a little shocked, as I thought that was one of the better benefits they have.

 

I know this is to try and mitigate losses on their part, but sheesh. I can almost bet the $450 isn't going down to compensate for it. Now I definitely don't think I can justify paying it next June.  


That Benefit was terrible anyway you had to buy Y and B fais super expensive. You can find way better deals externaly for 2 tickets. I heard from a little bird that most people buy somrhting that is worth around $450 every year and happen to loose it to cover their AF fees. I think this is dishonest and against the law but I read on another thread that allot of people do this year in and year out.

Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 6,794
Registered: ‎09-29-2007
0

Re: Amex Platinum removed the Domestic Companion ticket benefit.


ddd wrote:

FretlessMayhem wrote:

I got this notice in the mail today. Starting 11/15/2008 this feature is gone from the Platinum card. I'm a little shocked, as I thought that was one of the better benefits they have.

 

I know this is to try and mitigate losses on their part, but sheesh. I can almost bet the $450 isn't going down to compensate for it. Now I definitely don't think I can justify paying it next June.  


 


FretlessMayhem wrote:

I got this notice in the mail today. Starting 11/15/2008 this feature is gone from the Platinum card. I'm a little shocked, as I thought that was one of the better benefits they have.

 

I know this is to try and mitigate losses on their part, but sheesh. I can almost bet the $450 isn't going down to compensate for it. Now I definitely don't think I can justify paying it next June.  


That Benefit was terrible anyway you had to buy Y and B fais super expensive. You can find way better deals externaly for 2 tickets. I heard from a little bird that most people buy somrhting that is worth around $450 every year and happen to loose it to cover their AF fees. I think this is dishonest and against the law but I read on another thread that allot of people do this year in and year out.


I'm sure you mean you read this on another site, not on another thread on this board.

 

Let's not go down this road on this particular board.

 

----------------------------
App free since 7/11/08.
TU 744 / EX 710 / EQ 694 (Starting to slip. :smileysurprised: )
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 443
Registered: ‎06-07-2007
0

Re: Amex Platinum removed the Domestic Companion ticket benefit.

[ Edited ]

cheddar wrote:

ddd wrote:

FretlessMayhem wrote:

I got this notice in the mail today. Starting 11/15/2008 this feature is gone from the Platinum card. I'm a little shocked, as I thought that was one of the better benefits they have.

 

I know this is to try and mitigate losses on their part, but sheesh. I can almost bet the $450 isn't going down to compensate for it. Now I definitely don't think I can justify paying it next June.  


 


FretlessMayhem wrote:

I got this notice in the mail today. Starting 11/15/2008 this feature is gone from the Platinum card. I'm a little shocked, as I thought that was one of the better benefits they have.

 

I know this is to try and mitigate losses on their part, but sheesh. I can almost bet the $450 isn't going down to compensate for it. Now I definitely don't think I can justify paying it next June.  


That Benefit was terrible anyway you had to buy Y and B fais super expensive. You can find way better deals externaly for 2 tickets. I heard from a little bird that most people buy somrhting that is worth around $450 every year and happen to loose it to cover their AF fees. I think this is dishonest and against the law but I read on another thread that allot of people do this year in and year out.


I'm sure you mean you read this on another site, not on another thread on this board.

 

Let's not go down this road on this particular board.

 


For sure another site I dont know what this is called. Forum or Thread but it was NOT  on  My Fico.

Message Edited by ddd on 11-06-2008 12:38 PM
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.