Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Platinum sign up bonus is a no go!

tag
plasticcards
New Contributor

Amex Platinum sign up bonus is a no go!

So I signed up with Amex for Platinum card in September and spented 2,000 dlls to get 25,000 points. HOWEVER I went straight to amex.com to signup and i just noticed that they did NOT offer any sign up bonus points. Is their anything I can do for me to get the points or is just a no go and I will get nothing Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Amex Platinum sign up bonus is a no go!

Wait...I'm confused. You thought there was a sign up bonus when you apped and now you realize there wasn't? Did you receive a sign up bonus for another charge card recently? Were you logged in?
Message 2 of 5
plasticcards
New Contributor

So I thought there was a 25k points when u spend 2k in 3 mos. HOWEVER on my app it did not say any bonus points offers. But then I seen it again after maybe 2 days. So when I applied had nop offer. But a day later they had 25k points. Can they give me any points if I request them to do so? 

Message 3 of 5
ac921ol
Frequent Contributor

Confused still.

But it never hurts to ask, and see what they can do, they will see you spent 2k around the time of the offer and might be able to help you out some. Try calling the *EO and discuss with them if the CSR arent able to help.

*Info for EO is in the backoffice sticky up top.

12/28/13 (Garden Start Date)

Message 4 of 5
navyox
Regular Contributor

I made a similar mistake a few months ago.   In my case it was the PRG.    I thought the standard offer was $2000 spend in 3 months gets you 25,000 MR points.    I thought it would help if I signed in and applied.  NO SIR.   If they recognize you as an existing cardholder they will most likely give you a worse offer, in my case 1st year annual fee and nothing else.    At the time my only Amex card was SPG and I had NEVER had an MR affiliated card.

Now maybe if you are a big fish in their eyes, they will give you a better offer, I don't know.    In any case, I completed the spend and noticed nothing about the bonus on my account summary.  Multiple phone calls, and 2 "inquiries" later I was told I would not be getting any bonus MR.    The last CSR I talked to actually advised me to cancel the card and apply again in 366 days if I wanted the bonus.  

YMMV, but I'd say you are out of luck.

Starting Score: 676 CK 5/13. Current: 717 EX 6/15 -- Last App: 6/2014
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.