Did you mean: 

Amex Platinum

tag
aamex
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex Platinum

@Open123 wrote:

Congrats!

I think the airport lounges, $200 credit, business class companion ticket, and instant upgrade to Gold on Starwood properties alone would be worth it if you travelled, especially internationally where the card has no forex fee.

Also, if you have lots of MR Express/MR points, they all will be upgraded to MR First.  When you use the travel site to book (while more expensive than, say, Expedia), with the Platinum you receive a 20% discount and receive double the points.  This is a good deal and makes it less than most things you can find on those other sites.  AmEx uses Expedia, by the way.

Exactly..I travel mostly domestic but I agree with you 100%

Wallet: Fidelity Investment Rewards | BOA Travel Rewards | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Discover More
Message 11 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

I love platinum. Its paid for itself in travel in the first month I had it alone. Congrats

Message 12 of 56
UPSGregg
Established Member

$450/year just to hang out in airport lounges during mostly short layovers seems a bit pricey. But that's just me I guess.

Starting Score: EQ 779
Current Score: EQ 779
Goal Score: EQ 800+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 56
aamex
Frequent Contributor

@UPSGregg wrote:
$450/year just to hang out in airport lounges during mostly short layovers seems a bit pricey. But that's just me I guess.

Yeah, it does seem pricey doesn't it? I think the benefits outweigh the fee. And I'm willing to make sure that they do. Based on my spending habits. 

Wallet: Fidelity Investment Rewards | BOA Travel Rewards | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Discover More
Message 14 of 56
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!!!

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 15 of 56
aamex
Frequent Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

Congrats!!!

Thanks !

Message 16 of 56
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Message 17 of 56
aamex
Frequent Contributor

Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 56
drsmith
Frequent Contributor

@UPSGregg wrote:

Have you been in many airport lounges?

Many have open bars, and snacks for the guests, which if you spend an hour in one, you could easily rack up $50+ in free food and drinks. 

The Plat also allows you 2 (?) companions. So free nibbles while you wait sounds pretty good to me. 

Starting Score: 703
Current Score: EQ 820 4/11/16
Goal Score: 800

Message 19 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

@drsmith wrote:

@UPSGregg wrote:

Have you been in many airport lounges?

Many have open bars, and snacks for the guests, which if you spend an hour in one, you could easily rack up $50+ in free food and drinks. 

The Plat also allows you 2 (?) companions. So free nibbles while you wait sounds pretty good to me. 

+1 Smiley Very Happy

Message 20 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.