Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Pre-Approval Link Issue

tag
flapjack
Established Member

Amex Pre-Approval Link Issue

What would you make of this ? I was interested in the Amex Blue Cash Card and thought I might try the pre-approval link at Amex to see what offers I might get. I fill out the information using my legal name and address, it take a couple of moments, then pops back and says there are no current offers and instead suggests that I apply for the Starwood, Gold or Zync cards, none of which I want. The very next morning in my mail is not one but two offers from Amex for the Blue Sky card, one addressed using my non-legal nickname and the other using my correct given name and address as I supplied the day before on the website.

Should I go ahead and try ? I hate to waste an inq because I just took one from Chase refinancing my mortgage.  My ex score was 767 one month ago as provided by them and ought to be higher now because one card had a high balance while they all should report zero now. Does the pre-approval link generate offers at the time of request if the "should" be available ? Also, as I understood from this form, this link was a soft pull. Is that correct ?

EX: 785 EQ: 759 TU: 760 (9/14 via MyFico)
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
sleephla541
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex Pre-Approval Link Issue

Can you post the link you used for AMEX?

TU: 752, EQ: 761, EX: 745
Message 2 of 3
flapjack
Established Member

Re: Amex Pre-Approval Link Issue

The link was amex https://www201.americanexpress.com/secure/my-special-offers/

EX: 785 EQ: 759 TU: 760 (9/14 via MyFico)
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.