Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Pre-Approved Site for Current Members

tag
n777ua
Established Contributor

Amex Pre-Approved Site for Current Members

I've been trying to use the Amex pre-approval site for my wife who has a PRG; but after I enter her data she get pushed to the login screen.  We log in; then go back to the pre-approved page and start the process all over again.  Is the pre-approval site something that only really works for people who have no current relationship with Amex ? 

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: Amex Pre-Approved Site for Current Members

Go incognito or private browsing when doing it.
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got it work for awhile incignito, but now it bounces me back to login right after clicking submit.

Message 3 of 16
RonM21
Valued Contributor

That is strange. It would seem there is some sort of issue going on.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 16
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@n777ua wrote:

I've been trying to use the Amex pre-approval site for my wife who has a PRG; but after I enter her data she get pushed to the login screen.  We log in; then go back to the pre-approved page and start the process all over again.  Is the pre-approval site something that only really works for people who have no current relationship with Amex ? 

Best way to get to it is

1. use google chrome

2. go to "incognito" mode

3. go to americanexpress.com

4. go to cards>view all personal charge & credit cards

5. you will see a box at top for prequalified offers

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 5 of 16
elim
Senior Contributor

As soon as you type your info in (while Chrome/incognito) they match it to your account.  It has been that way for me for over a year at least.  I just wait for the best offers floating around the big boards and cold app.

It doesn't really matter since you get neither the HP or new account on report if denied.  App away, lol.

Message 6 of 16
Aprile421
Regular Contributor

I have to delete my cookies and browsing history before I can get it to pop up. If I log into my Amex account it wont show but if I clear everything and go to pre approval site as a guest without logging in I can get it to pop up. I can also get it to pop up on my surface pro because I never use it to log in to amex. It is def a cookie thing with them.

Message 7 of 16
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Don't rely on preapps anyway.  As stated above, it's generally SP if denied for current cardholders.

Message 8 of 16
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I think some folks are confusing getting  a particular offer to show up (i.e. 50k MR offer for PRG) with getting prequal offers to show up.  These are two different things.  Smiley Wink

If you already have an Amex account clearing your cookies (or using a private browser) can be effective when it comes to getting the "good" offers... that's how I got my PRG with 50k MR points even though I had an existing account.  As it has already been stated, even if you're not logged in if you're denied it will still just be a SP (but a HP if approved). 

If you are an existing card member and want to see if there are any prequal offers as far as I know there is currently no way to do so... when you enter your address and SS# they will simply tell you to log in, which takes you completely out of the prequal screens. 

This has been my experience, anyway.  Smiley Happy

Side note:  Some people with existing Amex accounts have reported being shown a 'prequal' offer while logged in to their account via a banner toward the top of the screen, or under 'benefits'.  So far I've never seen either of these personally, so it's YMMV.

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

I think some folks are confusing getting  a particular offer to show up (i.e. 50k MR offer for PRG) with getting prequal offers to show up.  These are two different things.  Smiley Wink

If you already have an Amex account clearing your cookies (or using a private browser) can be effective when it comes to getting the "good" offers... that's how I got my PRG with 50k MR points even though I had an existing account.  As it has already been stated, even if you're not logged in if you're denied it will still just be a SP (but a HP if approved). 

If you are an existing card member and want to see if there are any prequal offers as far as I know there is currently no way to do so... when you enter your address and SS# they will simply tell you to log in, which takes you completely out of the prequal screens. 

This has been my experience, anyway.  Smiley Happy

Side note:  Some people with existing Amex accounts have reported being shown a 'prequal' offer while logged in to their account via a banner toward the top of the screen, or under 'benefits'.  So far I've never seen either of these personally, so it's YMMV.

Does the benefits tab actually work? When I click on it, I always get a browser error.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.