Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Pre Qual Update!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Pre Qual Update!

Hey guys got a pre qual to come up today on the Amex site? Is this the one I want to see and if so what card should I app for? My Experian jumped to 688 this week.

Says we have found the following pre qualified offers for you.

Amex Everyday Credit Card

Blue Cash everyday card

Blue cash preferred.

I still have a fairly thin file with some old tax liens

Ford Credit 13 months old

6 month old QS1 $1300 limit

2 Month old Quicksilver was Plat with $500 limit

Overstock 4 months old $1650

JCrew 4 months old $1200

AU on Walmart card

9% UTI across the board with perfect payment history

6 INQs across the board.

Just dont want to get turned down and also dont want to miss a chance to get my foot in the door with AMEX?

Any input is greatly appreciatted and also what card to app for in the event I do.

Thanks in advance!

I put this in here as it seems this part of the forum gets questions on pre approvals also?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
itsnew
Contributor

Re: Amex Pre Qual?

I was approved for the Amex blue cash card with a 675 Exp score. I was surprised but I saw several who received it with lower scores so I thought I would try it.
img align="left" border="0" width="50" height="50" src="https://ficoforums.myfico.com/html/assets/challenge.png">Starting Score: 693
Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is the preferred more difficult than the non annual fee version? I think if I do apply it would be for the $75 Annual fee version. More importantly of the 3 is anyone one of them easier to get? Thanks!

Message 3 of 15
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Nothing is completely guaranteed, but even so Amex pre quals are pretty solid. You've got a pretty good shot at approval, I'd go for it. 

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. The tax lien is 10 years old. I just am wondering if that is going to break me. Also of the 3 is there any variance in which might be easier to get. My way of thinking is if they have a annual fee that might be the one to try for and I like the benefits of that card. 6% back up to $6000 at the grocery store.

Message 5 of 15
creditguy
Valued Contributor

The BCP may have higher standards but I can't say with any authority only rumors. I'd say go for the one you want not just what you think you may get. The BCP is a great card, shoot for the stars.
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apped for the BCP and got the "IN Progress" message? Will let everyone know how it plays out. Not to sure what to think at this point?

Message 7 of 15
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Is the preferred more difficult than the non annual fee version? I think if I do apply it would be for the $75 Annual fee version. More importantly of the 3 is anyone one of them easier to get? Thanks!

Same approval criteria

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 8 of 15
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks. The tax lien is 10 years old. I just am wondering if that is going to break me. Also of the 3 is there any variance in which might be easier to get. My way of thinking is if they have a annual fee that might be the one to try for and I like the benefits of that card. 6% back up to $6000 at the grocery store.

I dont think it will be a factor given the age of the lien. Amex will focus on payment pattern, utilization, number of new accounts and inquiries.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well everyone I am thrilled to report that after making a phone call this morning due to the "In Progress" status I had I was told by the rep that I needed to answer a few quick questions and was approved with a $2000 starting limit! Best service I have had with a creditor also. They are also going to expedite the card to me. He also informed me that they start with a lower limit but I should be able to increase it pretty quickly? Anyway, just wanted to share and thank everyone here for the help!

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.