Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Pre Qualified Question

tag
drboxing
Established Contributor

Amex Pre Qualified Question

Was on Amex site, clicked on pre qualified offers, was told to log in to my account. Then my Delta Gold card (My Card) then Amex Blue and Amex Platinum. Question is does it mean I'm prequalified for the Platinum card? If I apply and denied will it harm me for future AMEX cards? Would appreciate any help

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Pre Qualified Question

If it is showing those 2 cards, then yes.  Applying and getting denied won't affect future applications.

Message 2 of 6
drboxing
Established Contributor

But it will show up on my credit report as an inquiry correct?

Message 3 of 6
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@drboxing wrote:
But it will show up on my credit report as an inquiry correct?

Recently people who are existing Amex customers have been able to be approved for new cards with no HP, although it's not guaranteed (YMMV).

For most people the new account reporting (AAoA impact) is more meaningful than the hit from the HP anyway.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX Pre's are solid..but like above said, if you don't get it, it wont hurt you for later apps.  Let us know how it went if you apply.  Remember, only apply for cards you need or will actually use.  The platinum has  a $550 fee and it is for those who travel a lot and can use all the perks.  Don't apply only because you have it there.

Message 5 of 6
shoegal
Valued Contributor

For me, it showed up the same way as you, but I went for a better offer using incognito and I was approved instantly with a soft pull.

This was at the end of last month before I sent myself to the garden. I got the card because I travel a lot and can use all the perks.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.