Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Pre approval site

tag
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

Amex Pre approval site

I have searched this site high and low for a link to the pre approval site for amex. I have read people talking about it, so I searched the amex site and still couldn't find it. Does it still exist? I am still firmly gardening into the new year, but I like to periodically see if it is time to app. I have the chase one, the city one, and th b of a one (which I will probably never use); all I need is discover and amex to round out the cards that I want to qualify for in the future.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Pre approval site

Yes it still exist. It is not the easiest to find but keep searching and playing around on site and you will find it eventually.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 15
patsfan1453
Regular Contributor

Amexs' whole site is messed up right now. I don't know what they're doin over there. 

Amex Everyday 6k || Chase Sapphire 5k || Buypower Card 5k || USAA Wounded Warrior Mastercard 4k || Citi TYP 4.9k|| Citi Forward 5.5k || Discover It 2k || Chase Freedom 5.5k || Walmart 1k || Chase Amazon 1k
Business: Chase ink cash 5k || AMEX Simply Cash 3.8k
Total CLs: 48.7k
Message 3 of 15
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

@JM-AM wrote:

Yes it still exist. It is not the easiest to find but keep searching and playing around on site and you will find it eventually.

Will-do, but if anyone happens across it, please try and point me in the right direction...

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 4 of 15
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

On a semi-related note, there is a button that says sign up for offers. Does anyone know if that is like opting in for pre approvals, or if it is just a spam invitation?

My Wallet:
Message 5 of 15
Link2k
Valued Member

It appears to have been replaced with a database checker, which is essentially all it was before, but now it requires the actual code from the mailer.

This is where it used to be https://www304.americanexpress.com/credit-card/25330?linknav=us-CCSG-ProspectNav-MailOffer#!respond-...

Message 6 of 15
Jutz
Valued Contributor

Probably both...I signed up haha

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 2 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 7 of 15
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

Lol, so did I.

The rsvp code is for when they give you a pre approval letter. If you get one of those, you're pretty much in, if your uti is in order...If i get one of those, I will pay my ballances to 1-5% utility, then apply.

My Wallet:
Message 8 of 15
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Their site is really screwed up right now.  However, Ive yet to click on any pre-approval sites that actually lists some offers for me Smiley Sad

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 15
Link2k
Valued Member

@Swapmeet wrote:

Lol, so did I.

The rsvp code is for when they give you a pre approval letter. If you get one of those, you're pretty much in, if your uti is in order...If i get one of those, I will pay my ballances to 1-5% utility, then apply.

All the pre approval site was before was a database checker. It would not soft your credit report. If they had already softed your report and determined you qualified then you would have something show up. Now they simply require you wait for the mailed offer. As I said the only thing that has changed is how they allow you to access this information online.

Also AFAIK the sign up for offers is for ITA's only.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.