cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Pre-approved - Wondering how likely it will get actually approved?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Pre-approved - Wondering how likely it will get actually approved?

Amex Pre-approval

So I was just in the garden having a look at various approvals. Besides Barclays and others I have this pre-screened offer from Amex, I was wondering

1. Should I go for it?
  2. What are the chances of it getting actually approved?
  3. What could be the credit limit?

Myscores are as follows -

1. EXP - 706
  2. EQU - 704
  3. TU - 708

Thanks everyone. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Pre-approved - Wondering how likely it will get actually approved?

@Anonymous wrote:

Amex Pre-approval

So I was just in the garden having a look at various approvals. Besides Barclays and others I have this pre-screened offer from Amex, I was wondering

1. Should I go for it?
  2. What are the chances of it getting actually approved?
  3. What could be the credit limit?

Myscores are as follows -

1. EXP - 706
  2. EQU - 704
  3. TU - 708

Thanks everyone. Smiley Happy

Did they send you the offer thru the mail?  If they did I would say your chances are good.  Also I would go for the PRG because of the 50k bonus that is why I applied last August because I got a offer in the mail.  Then I applied for the EDP in April but I know they changed they why they give the bonus so I don't know if you would get that bonus also.  I got both but this was before they got strict on the bonus offers.

Message 2 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have received offers through mail in the past for the Amex Blue card but not recently. This one I checked on the pre-approval site which they have. Thanks for the reply.

Message 3 of 26
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

The 50k PRG offer is a GOOD one. -- I'd sign up for that today if I got it. lol And I'm firmly in the garden.
Message 4 of 26
MT936
Established Contributor

Get the prg that 50k bonus is really good and it's easier to get than their credit cards
Amex Blue Cash Everyday: $25,000 | Navy FCU Cash Rewards: $25,000 | Discover It: $20,500
Chase Freedom: $12,500 | Citi Double Cash: $10,000 | Bank of America Cash Rewards: $8,000

Message 5 of 26
milkshakes
Regular Contributor

PRG 50k is definitely a nice offer. And with the Post-May bonuses, it seems like it's a once in a lifetime bonus per product. Therefore, I'm thinking that you should still be able to get both the PRG and ED bonuses, granted that you've never held those cards in the past.

the ED is a great card to have because if you decide to cancel your PRG, the ED will make sure you don't lose your MR points

12k                    10k                     5k                 12.5k (AU)                 6k                   NPSL                   12k
Message 6 of 26
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

good luck I hope to get that pre approval one day.  

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 7 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ezdoesit - Not they did not. In the past they have had for the blue Amex but I never opted for it. I checked on their pre-approval link.

@MT936 - Still deciding.

@milkshakes - Thanks for the information. I am still deciding whether to go for it or not?

@KennyRS - You have amazing credit score.

@mongstradamus You seem to have an excellent credit score better than me. Have you tried the pre-approval site?

Honestly, I am barely 700+ on credit score on all fronts [EX, EQ, TU] and I do not want to risk a hard pull without getting approved, the reason being if approved it will eventually decrease my Credit Utilization and the score will bounce up soon.

Message 8 of 26
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@ezdoesit - Not they did not. In the past they have had for the blue Amex but I never opted for it. I checked on their pre-approval link.

@MT936 - Still deciding.

@milkshakes - Thanks for the information. I am still deciding whether to go for it or not?

@KennyRS - You have amazing credit score.

@mongstradamus You seem to have an excellent credit score better than me. Have you tried the pre-approval site?

Honestly, I am barely 700+ on credit score on all fronts [EX, EQ, TU] and I do not want to risk a hard pull without getting approved, the reason being if approved it will eventually decrease my Credit Utilization and the score will bounce up soon.

I get nothing on the offers site on amex site. I did get an 25k offer from them via email but i want the 50k one since its an once a lifetime signup bonus now. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 9 of 26
TheFate
Established Contributor

@MT936 wrote:
Get the prg that 50k bonus is really good and it's easier to get than their credit cards

The PRG is a 25K bonus not 50k

https://www304.americanexpress.com/credit-card/premier-rewards-gold/25330

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.