Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Pre-selected

tag
joestay
Frequent Contributor

Amex Pre-selected

Does the pre-select application from amex site do a hard pull or soft pull?  It says that it won't effect your credit rating so I assume that it's a soft pull.  Am I right?  Also, if you are pre-selected for a card using this feature they have, is it a guarentte that you'll get approved?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Pre-selected

No hard if anything a soft or nothing.

Message 2 of 5
smallfry
Senior Contributor

No guarantee but go for it.

Message 3 of 5
tray
Valued Contributor

I went on the pre-selected site and was pre-selected for a green or gold card and I went with the full app and was approved.  So I think you have a good shot if one of the cards pop up especially if it is a charge card Amex makes money off the fees but remember you get your foot in the door build a relationship and better things happen down the road.  Also other threads on this forum have success stories where their was an app from the pre-selected site and was approved.  Good Luck if you go for it.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

For some reason, I am unable to find the pre-selected cards anymore.  They also took the CLI request link off my account.  What's up with that?  Guess they don't like me...

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.