Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Preapproval

tag
crazysxycool
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex Preapproval

Okay guys I bit the bullet and as Suze Orman would say, I have been APPROVED!!!!  Smiley Very Happy  I don't know my credit limit yet but I did get a message saying my card was activated and I was temporarily allowed to spend up to $250 (which I'm not doing).  I guess I'll to wait and get the letter in the mail saying who they pulled and my credit score.

I must admit I was VERY nervous while watching that 60 seconds progress circle turn.  LOL.  My 2011 app goals have been reached.  I've gotten my Discover and Amex so I'm done for a while - that's unless some stores are offering good deals this weekend.  Hahaha!  Next year I'll tackle Barclays.

Thanks for the wonderful advice and encouraging comments.  You guys rock!

Starting Score: TU: 663 EQ: 632 EX: ?
Current Score: TU: 721 (12/02/12) EQ: 704 (12/2012 via SW) EX: 712 (11/19/12 via Amex)
Goal Score: 700 (ALL)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 13
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

@crazysxycool wrote:

Okay guys I bit the bullet and as Suze Orman would say, I have been APPROVED!!!!  Smiley Very Happy  I don't know my credit limit yet but I did get a message saying my card was activated and I was temporarily allowed to spend up to $250 (which I'm not doing).  I guess I'll to wait and get the letter in the mail saying who they pulled and my credit score.

I must admit I was VERY nervous while watching that 60 seconds progress circle turn.  LOL.  My 2011 app goals have been reached.  I've gotten my Discover and Amex so I'm done for a while - that's unless some stores are offering good deals this weekend.  Hahaha!  Next year I'll tackle Barclays.

Thanks for the wonderful advice and encouraging comments.  You guys rock!

Congrats!

I got the same thing (the $250 virtual card) but didn't use it either. I ended up having NPSL which is likely what you will have...since this is a charge card, you generally don't have a pre-set limit. The only times I've ever heard of it having a hard limit is when you have the $500 cap with autopay, which is generally a counter-offer when you can't get approved for the regular Zync.

Seeing as how you got the instant approval and a temporary card number, I'm 99% sure you have no pre-set spending limit. Welcome to the AMEX family!

Photobucket
Message 12 of 13
jla84
Regular Contributor

Congrats! I also cold applied without any pre-approvals from AmEx and was instantly approved for the Zync NPSL. I got the $250 temporary limit before I got the card, but once it was activated it turned into NPSL. You have nothing to worry about! 

Starting Score (07/2011): EQ 706 TU 709
Current Score (6/2013): EQ 740 TU 732 EX 740
Goal Score: 750+ on all 3

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.