Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Preapprovals (online)

tag
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Amex Preapprovals (online)

Has anyone checked theirs lately?  Notice any changes?

I do this on a regular basis, but today I got 5 offers instead of 4.

In order from top to bottom:

Blue

Blue Sky

Plat

Gold Rewards Plus

Green Preferred Rewards

I have the Green along with the Delta Options (formerly a Delta Gold, PC'd to get rid of AF when they CLD'd me).  I got the Green using this link, but I'm not convinced it was all that special.

Please note I'm NOT talking about the approvals that show up on the Acct Summary page.  These are just the offers for current cardholders.  I usually find mine after clicking on the "We have card offers for you" page.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: Amex Preapprovals (online)

All they seem to offer me is the Gold thingie.  But I never search  as I see no point in getting more cards - I am too poor to put any more money through them  Smiley Sad
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

where do you find the card offer page? is it after you log into your account? so far the only offer i've been getting from them is the "upgrade to platinum" offer on my account summary page.

@WhirledPeasPlease wrote:

Has anyone checked theirs lately?  Notice any changes?

I do this on a regular basis, but today I got 5 offers instead of 4.

In order from top to bottom:

Blue

Blue Sky

Plat

Gold Rewards Plus

Green Preferred Rewards

I have the Green along with the Delta Options (formerly a Delta Gold, PC'd to get rid of AF when they CLD'd me).  I got the Green using this link, but I'm not convinced it was all that special.

Please note I'm NOT talking about the approvals that show up on the Acct Summary page.  These are just the offers for current cardholders.  I usually find mine after clicking on the "We have card offers for you" page.

Message 3 of 18
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Go under "Apply for a card" once you're logged in.  Then choose "see all cards".  At the top left there's the message "Already a Cardmember?" -- underneath you'll see 'See card offers'.

Also, you'll sometimes see the link "We have offers for you" appear in various spots -- even after you've logged out (on the goodbye screen).  I'll start trying to keep track of when I see these offers, lol.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Message 4 of 18
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Nada here
Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

you're right. I have seen those offers after i logged out of my account but i didn't think it was linked to my membership account.  some how i was always expecting any new cards offers linked to my account to show up in red on my accnt summary page.  totally stupid of me.  now i know what to look for.   thanks for the info.

Go under "Apply for a card" once you're logged in.  Then choose "see all cards".  At the top left there's the message "Already a Cardmember?" -- underneath you'll see 'See card offers'.

Also, you'll sometimes see the link "We have offers for you" appear in various spots -- even after you've logged out (on the goodbye screen).  I'll start trying to keep track of when I see these offers, lol.

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok, just did it. I got the following offers:

Blue

Blue sky

Platinum

Gold Plus

Green rewards.

Message 7 of 18
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Whew!  Thanks -- glad to see my 5 offers were not unique!  (I hate it when I think they're tempting me!)

Max09 wrote:

Blue

Blue sky

Platinum

Gold Plus

Green rewards.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

i am not tempted, but will any of these offers result in a hard inq if one decides to accept?

Whew!  Thanks -- glad to see my 5 offers were not unique!  (I hate it when I think they're tempting me!)

@Anonymous wrote:

Blue

Blue sky

Platinum

Gold Plus

Green rewards.

Message 9 of 18
fused
Moderator Emeritus

accept? If you mean app, yes, there will be a hard inq, maybe more than one too.
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.