cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Premier Rewards bonus points with existing charge card?

tag
shinedown87
Regular Contributor

Amex Premier Rewards bonus points with existing charge card?

I recently received my new Amex PRG card. I have had the ZYNC for about 1.5 years (it is active). I had understood that I wouldn't be eligible for any bonus points on the PRG, since I already have the ZYNC.

I just got off the phone with customer service, and was told that my bonus offer is 25,000 points after spending $2,000 within 3 months. She said it was linked to my account and that it would be automatically applied within 8 weeks of meeting the spending threshold.

Does anyone have any insight on this? Is it possible that I would be eligible for the bonus points even though I have the ZYNC?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
twelfthjoe2
Established Member

Re: Amex Premier Rewards bonus points with existing charge card?

Yes as long as it's been 90 days from when you opened your last card you can get the points. Ex. If you open a PRG card get the 25k points open a Platinum card 90 days later and get 25k more points. So your good. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 3
shinedown87
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex Premier Rewards bonus points with existing charge card?

@twelfthjoe2 wrote:

Yes as long as it's been 90 days from when you opened your last card you can get the points. Ex. If you open a PRG card get the 25k points open a Platinum card 90 days later and get 25k more points. So your good. Smiley Happy

Thanks for the clarification. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.