Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Prepaid - Load $200, receive $25 gift card

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Amex Prepaid - Load $200, receive $25 gift card

Random terms and conditions apply.  Received this via an email the other day and logged into their web interface and it was listed there too.  I know many / most of us have moved on from the card for various reasons, but did others receive it as well?

        
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex Prepaid - Load $200, receive $25 gift card

@Revelate wrote:

Random terms and conditions apply.  Received this via an email the other day and logged into their web interface and it was listed there too.  I know many / most of us have moved on from the card for various reasons, but did others receive it as well?

I rec'd this offer-email too, but after they (AmEx) screwed me with their last $25 bonus offer, I have no desire to float another $200 to AmEx.

Message 2 of 8
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Can you post a link to this ?? Or is it just a targeted offer ?
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 8
drkaje
Senior Contributor

That dog already bit me once. No thanks. Smiley Happy

You can't trust their gift card offers, period!

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 8
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@pizzadude wrote:
Can you post a link to this ?? Or is it just a targeted offer ?

In the T&C it is only offered to people with their Prepaid or Bluebird (?) cards that were opened on or before 5/31 I believe.  It appears to be offered either to all existing holders to try to encourage usage, or perhaps targetted to those who were using the card and then stopped (like I did after they posted their footnote that it wasn't for people trying to rebuild credit).

Thanks for the updates everyone else on Amex blowing the gift card offers in the past.  I was debating tossing $200 at it once checks start clearing again.  I may try it anyway, if this silly gig with Disney comes through, it won't be hard for me to blow through that amount of cash on the card anyway on my way to basically zeroing it as I've lost interest in the card for the most part. Might be useful in that week / month leading up to an auto refinance so I don't have to contend with C1 and others doing something silly like a mid-statement balance update.

        
Message 5 of 8
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

I got this email too and debated about biting the bait but decided otherwise. I have $30 automatically deposited to the card every month which pays my cable bill. I checked my EX soft pull a few days ago and still no bite from AMEX. The prepaid card will be six months old at the end of June.

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 6 of 8
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Complimentary $25 Gift Card when you load $200 or more on your American Express® Prepaid Card[1]. Offer Ends June 30, 2012.

Message 7 of 8
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

The American Express Prepaid Card is a safe way to manage spending every day. With three convenient ways to load (via bank account, direct deposit, and cash) it’s easy to use your American Express Prepaid Card. Plus, if you load $200 or more, at one time, before June 30, 2012 you can receive a $25 American Express® Gift Card. 
 Load with your bank accountAdd money to the Card online by linking your bank account. Load once or setup automatic reloads. 
 Load with your salaryAdd money to the Card by transferring all or part of your paycheck to your Card automatically. 
 Load with cashAdd cash to the Card using a Green Dot® MoneyPak® or Vanilla Reload Network™ Prepaid Reload, available nationwide.
The first time you add cash with a Green Dot® MoneyPak®, the purchase fee will be refunded to the Prepaid Card2.

Load your Card and enjoy the benefits of your American Express Prepaid Card
Get your $25 Bonus
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.