Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Prequalification as a member

tag
sjt
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex Prequalification as a member

For cardmembers who want to see pre-qual offers:

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 31 of 51
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

@sjt wrote:

For cardmembers who want to see pre-qual offers:

This must be true. My mom is in trouble with her cards and AMEX is CLD'ing her account and when she goes here it shows nothing at all. I guess that means I really to Pre-qual for the BCE, PGR, and Plat. That's good to know. 

Actually, that might not be accurate. I had 3 cards yesterday and none today. May be site maintenance. 

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 32 of 51
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

Those same 3 cards come up for me with apr ranges. I'm gardening with all my cra's locked anyways.

Message 33 of 51
AllCredit
Frequent Contributor

No dice for me I was not able to see any offers...besides the 2 cards are already have the the Plat...which I am NOT applying for (I keep telling myself).

Message 34 of 51
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
Is there a cap of how many amex cards your allowed to get? I have two personal and one business right now.

The number used to be 5 total between personal and business.  Amex recently removed the limit, so in theory you could have as many as you want.  In practice, probably upper single digits.  I'll now wait for a lurker to chime in to tell me about their 23 Amex cards.

Message 35 of 51
BPebbles
Frequent Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Is there a cap of how many amex cards your allowed to get? I have two personal and one business right now.

The number used to be 5 total between personal and business.  Amex recently removed the limit, so in theory you could have as many as you want.  In practice, probably upper single digits.  I'll now wait for a lurker to chime in to tell me about their 23 Amex cards.

When did they remove the 5 revolver card limit?

Message 36 of 51
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@BPebbles wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Seems to have happened around the time of the last big 25k+10K SPG sign-up push according to TPG.

Message 37 of 51
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@BPebbles wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Seems to have happened around the time of the last big 25k+10K SPG sign-up push according to TPG.

None of my 23 AMEX cards got that bonus. Maybe I need a 24th? 

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 38 of 51
BPebbles
Frequent Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@BPebbles wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Interesting.  Good to know.  Thanks K!

Message 39 of 51
sjt
Senior Contributor

Remember if you are a cardmember, its only a SP if you are denied. So getting pre-qual offers makes no difference unless you are looking for bonus offers.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 40 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.