Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Prequalification as a member

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Prequalification as a member

Ive seen numerous posts about current members having issues with the Amex Prequal where once you enter your info, it prompts you to log in and never shows actual prequalified offers.

Just this morning I tried again because why not and actually got an offer. I did use chrome incognito mode but have gotten the login prompt using that method many times in the past. It would almost seem like you get the login prompt if you have no current offers.

Does anyone else have any datapoints to support this? I'm curious to see if my theory has any validity.

Message 1 of 51
50 REPLIES 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Prequalification as a member

@Anonymous wrote:

Ive seen numerous posts about current members having issues with the Amex Prequal where once you enter your info, it prompts you to log in and never shows actual prequalified offers.

Just this morning I tried again because why not and actually got an offer. I did use chrome incognito mode but have gotten the login prompt using that method many times in the past. It would almost seem like you get the login prompt if you have no current offers.

Does anyone else have any datapoints to support this? I'm curious to see if my theory has any validity.

I just tried on incognito Chrome and received some offers where I also usually get the log in screen.  No cards that I want as I already have 6 of theirs but you may be on to something.

Message 2 of 51
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I just tried on incognito Chrome and received some offers where I also usually get the log in screen.  No cards that I want as I already have 6 of theirs but you may be on to something.

I got the good ole' login screen. 

Message 3 of 51
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Firefox/Chrome incognito browsing are the only ways I see offers from AMEX myself these day when I check every now and then.

Message 4 of 51
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

I got the login screen on Firefox and Chrome.

Message 5 of 51
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

As a member of Amex already there is no real need to be pre-qualified for one of their products as it will on be a SP if you are denied. 

If you are looking for certain sign up bonus's then that is another matter entirely. 

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 6 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Peteyglad wrote:

As a member of Amex already there is no real need to be pre-qualified for one of their products as it will on be a SP if you are denied. 

If you are looking for certain sign up bonus's then that is another matter entirely. 

I have found this to not always be the case. A month or so ago, I app'd the delta gold card and was denied with a HP.

Message 7 of 51
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

It only works for me if I start incognito then log in, for some reason.  I've actually never seen so many come up as today.  My offers are:

- Add someone to my Platinum.

- Upgrade my PRG to Platinum.

- BCE ($150 for $1500), 13.74%

Clicking the View All Cards button, I get those and:

- BCP ($150 for $1500), 13.74%

- The Mercedes-Benz Credit Card from American Express (10k MR for $1000), 15.99%

- Plus what appears to be every Delta and Hilton card, but many of them have APR ranges or tiers listed so that is likely just marketing.

I have 4 Amex cards (Plat, PRG, Blue, SPG) and I'm an AU on an ED - I have more than enough Amex cards at the moment.  PRG and Blue are on the chopping block if I can just finally let go of the account ages.  Hard to give up a pair of 15 year-old cards.  Now if for some reason Amex ends up with a Marriott card next year...

Message 8 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know for a fact that I don't qualify for anything from AMEX right now except the Delta Gold I currently have and I just tried the offer screen in incognito mode.  Gave me the login screen on Firefox and a list of "recommended" cards in Chrome.

Message 9 of 51
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

I have always had trouble finding offers once logged in. Today I logged in and my account home page has changed to the new layout. I clicked Menu in the top left, Click Cards on the left navbar and then Charge & Credit Card Offers under personal cards. 3 cards show up. BCE, Delta Skymiles with a 60k miles bonus and a Platinum with 60k MR bonus. These are the only 3 that show up. Does that mean they are solid offers? 

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 10 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.