cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Product Change - Blue Sky to Hilton Honors?

tag
britthester
New Contributor

Amex Product Change - Blue Sky to Hilton Honors?

Does anyone know if you can product change from Blue Sky to Hilton Honors? I'm wanting to go for the no AF because my Blue Sky has no AF. I've only had the card for a month or so, but I've realized instead of flights I want to receive hotel rewards. My wife and I frequent Hilton Hotels, so it only makes sense to get a card that rewards free future stays. Can anyone tell me if this is possible? Thanks!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
sengpatt
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex Product Change - Blue Sky to Hilton Honors?

I don't see why they wouldn't allow this, but be sure to redeem all of you Blue Sky miles before you PC, as you will lose them once you initiate the process.
EX: 758 (10/12), TU: ???, EQ: ???

BankAmericard Travel Rewards // Citi Forward // Amex Blue Cash Preferred // Gap Visa
Message 2 of 4
britthester
New Contributor

My goal is to milk my points for the next stay and/or flight that I choose and then change. I will receive 15,000 bonus points as a special offer. That's good enough for $200 towards a flight or hotel stay. I'll most likely use that and ask for the change. Have you heard of anyone having problems changing? I can't imagine this would be a problem since everyone seems to want the Blue cards. I love Blue Sky, but I think I would generate rewards quicker if I had the Hilton card since that is where we mostly stay.
Message 3 of 4
sengpatt
Regular Contributor

@britthester wrote:
My goal is to milk my points for the next stay and/or flight that I choose and then change. I will receive 15,000 bonus points as a special offer. That's good enough for $200 towards a flight or hotel stay. I'll most likely use that and ask for the change. Have you heard of anyone having problems changing? I can't imagine this would be a problem since everyone seems to want the Blue cards. I love Blue Sky, but I think I would generate rewards quicker if I had the Hilton card since that is where we mostly stay.

So if I'm understanding you correctly, you're waiting to meet the minimum spend for the sign-up bonus? If so, definitely do that first.

And AFAIK, Amex only usually objects to PCs from no AF to AF cards within in the first 13 months of card opening. So while I don't envision any problems, YMMV.

EX: 758 (10/12), TU: ???, EQ: ???

BankAmericard Travel Rewards // Citi Forward // Amex Blue Cash Preferred // Gap Visa
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.