cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Product Change Question

tag
KnightRider89

Amex Product Change Question

I've had a SPG Amex Since Oct 4,13 and a Delta Reserve Amex since March 14.  I don't use the SPG card anymore due to trying to hit spend requirements on the Reserve card for the MQM bonuses.    Does anyone know if Amex will let me transfer from the SPG to the Delta Platinum card, and if so whether I will get the signup bonus for this card?

If I can PC, does the spend on my SPG card count to the MQM mile bonus once the switch is made (ie. before I receive my new card)?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Product Change Question

Just close it apply for another card in January. You'll get a aaoa of 2 years out of it and your closed account will report for 10 more year.
Message 2 of 4
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

Generally PC won't allow sign up bonuses. Will have to apply for the new card. With AMEX It's less important to PC as you will get backdating on the new card but the inq is the only thing that you will save.
If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 3 of 4
Luscher
Valued Contributor

Just wait until January ad apply for the new card you want and it will be backdated to january 2013
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.