Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Product Change?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Product Change?

Hello all, I have a BCE and a BCP. The BCE is a little older and has a lower apr. I'm interested in moving the limit from the BCP over to the BCE and changing the BCE into a BCP then closing out my current BCP. Does anyone know if this is possible?
If so, will I have to pay two annual fees, my current BCP af is due in June.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Amex Product Change?

Dont know if possible but i can honestly say im totally confusedSmiley Wink
Message 2 of 10
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

I got it. Smiley Happy

The OP wants a single BCP, but he'd like it to be on the older account with the better APR, which is currently a BCE.

Message 3 of 10
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello all, I have a BCE and a BCP. The BCE is a little older and has a lower apr. I'm interested in moving the limit from the BCP over to the BCE and changing the BCE into a BCP then closing out my current BCP. Does anyone know if this is possible?
If so, will I have to pay two annual fees, my current BCP af is due in June.

I love alphabet soup AmEx... let me see if I can do this.  Yes, if there is no balance you can move the limit from your BCP to your BCE and close the BCP; you may lose $500 of the CL, though.  After that, yes you can PC your BCE to a BCP, just not an ED, EDP, or Blue which are MR-earning cards.  Both have a floor of 13.74% so you should be fine.  Alternately, you can easily move all but $500 online and keep the other one open.  You can do all of this via chat or by calling.

ETA: Forgot AF... you would not be stuck with the current BCP fee in June if you close it within (I think) 30 days after being billed for it, and would never be charged for it if you close prior.  You would be billed an AF after doing a PC on the BCE to a BCP.

Message 4 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, .....now i know my ABC's Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, so it is possible. Thanks for the replies guys and the information from K-in-Boston. I shall pay off the current BCP and give it a try.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

AFAIK, you can transfer credit line to the BCE, close the BCP and then ask for PC to BCP

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the replies. I was able to get er done via chat. Nice CSR very easy process. I was even told to wait until 5/3 and get my $27 coming to the BCP use it then close it out.
Message 8 of 10
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Glad it all worked out.  As a data point for when I finally do close my Blue, are they going to let you transfer all of the limit or all but $500?

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was able to transfer all except $1000 of the limit.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.