Regular Contributor
sammyfire2001

Amex Product Change

I was just approved for an Amex blue last week and now I'm thinking I might want to change to  the Blue Cash or Blue Sky Miles card.  Anyone have an opinion?  Do you know how long I would have to wait to ask for a product change?
As of Jan 2009: EX - 659 EQ - 666 TU - 681

As of 2/13/09: EX - 648 (My last EX Fico)
Moderator Emeritus
cheddar

Re: Amex Product Change

[ Edited ]

sammyfire2001 wrote:
I was just approved for an Amex blue last week and now I'm thinking I might want to change to  the Blue Cash or Blue Sky Miles card.  Anyone have an opinion?  Do you know how long I would have to wait to ask for a product change?

Amex used to allow you to product change among any of the Blues, although I'm not sure if they still do.  Some have had success doing Amex product changes right away, without waiting at all.

I'm assuming you're referring to Blue Sky, since there's no card called Blue Sky Miles.  Don't confuse Blue Sky with Delta SkyMiles; they're two completely different cards.  You don't earn miles with Blue Sky, you earn Blue Sky points, which can be used for statement credits against eligible travel-related purchases.

ETA: If you're planning on changing to Blue Cash, make sure you plan to push enough money through the card to make it worth it.  The best cashback tier doesn't kick in until after $6500 in spending each year.

Message Edited by cheddar on 05-06-2008 09:16 AM
----------------------------
App free since 7/11/08.
TU 744 / EX 710 / EQ 694 (Starting to slip. :smileysurprised: )

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+