Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Product Change

tag
sammyfire2001
Frequent Contributor

Amex Product Change

I was just approved for an Amex blue last week and now I'm thinking I might want to change to  the Blue Cash or Blue Sky Miles card.  Anyone have an opinion?  Do you know how long I would have to wait to ask for a product change?
As of Apr 2019: EX - 734; EQ - ??? TU - 748
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Product Change

sammyfire2001 wrote:
I was just approved for an Amex blue last week and now I'm thinking I might want to change to  the Blue Cash or Blue Sky Miles card.  Anyone have an opinion?  Do you know how long I would have to wait to ask for a product change?

Amex used to allow you to product change among any of the Blues, although I'm not sure if they still do.  Some have had success doing Amex product changes right away, without waiting at all.

I'm assuming you're referring to Blue Sky, since there's no card called Blue Sky Miles.  Don't confuse Blue Sky with Delta SkyMiles; they're two completely different cards.  You don't earn miles with Blue Sky, you earn Blue Sky points, which can be used for statement credits against eligible travel-related purchases.

ETA: If you're planning on changing to Blue Cash, make sure you plan to push enough money through the card to make it worth it.  The best cashback tier doesn't kick in until after $6500 in spending each year.

Message Edited by cheddar on 05-06-2008 09:16 AM
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.