tag
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: Amex Question

@dalebb wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@dalebb wrote:

@CS800 wrote:
I got the platinum and the zync within the same week. I was lucky since it was 1 inq for both.

whats the AF on the PLAT?

450 right CS?

falls out of my chairSmiley Surprised

The perks when you travel are good. When you travel International and have 4-9 hours layaway, having the VIP lounge perk helps a lot. Plus I get enough points to cover the AF I have used the concierge a it and their services are first class. Tickets to events, reservation. They even sometimes can get you upgrades at a hotel or car rental without additional cost.

Message 21 of 26
teenastie
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I thought AmEx would not approve the same type of card within a 90 day period of each other, if approved (in this case a Charge Card) and that the second app for another Charge card would just be cancelled?

I've been told by AmEx that you can apply for, say, a Blue and a Gold at the same time, but if you app for a Zync and approved you have to wait 90 days to app for another AmEx Charge card and the same with the Blue type of card.

I guess this post clears up any misconception I had, either that or confuses me even moreSmiley Very Happy

Learning something new everyday (that's why I'm here, to learn).

Though the Zync and the Gold are both charge cards they are not considered the same "product." For instance, you cannot PC from a Zync to a Green/Gold/Plat line of charge cards. The two lines are considered to work with each other and Amex actually encourages "linking" the two products together so that the Zync's MRE points can be converted into regular MR points. I get 800 points a month through Zync just by paying my cell phone and cable bills. I have the gold for all the goodies it comes with including the MR points! 

Message 22 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@teenastie wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I thought AmEx would not approve the same type of card within a 90 day period of each other, if approved (in this case a Charge Card) and that the second app for another Charge card would just be cancelled?

I've been told by AmEx that you can apply for, say, a Blue and a Gold at the same time, but if you app for a Zync and approved you have to wait 90 days to app for another AmEx Charge card and the same with the Blue type of card.

I guess this post clears up any misconception I had, either that or confuses me even moreSmiley Very Happy

Though the Zync and the Gold are both charge cards they are not considered the same "product." For instance, you cannot PC from a Zync to a Green/Gold/Plat line of charge cards. The two lines are considered to work with each other and Amex actually encourages "linking" the two products together so that the Zync's MRE points can be converted into regular MR points. I get 800 points a month through Zync just by paying my cell phone and cable bills. I have the gold for all the goodies it comes with including the MR points! 

Thank you for that clarification, and great information, I appreciate your time explaining that to me.

Message 23 of 26
dalebb
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@teenastie wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for that clarification, and great information, I appreciate your time explaining that to me.

me2

Message 24 of 26
teenastie
Established Contributor

No Prob both of you guys Mustang and Dale have both helped me out immensely on this site just returning the favor Smiley Happy

Message 25 of 26
dalebb
Valued Contributor

@teenastie wrote:

No Prob both of you guys Mustang and Dale have both helped me out immensely on this site just returning the favor Smiley Happy

whatever it was i didnt do itSmiley Surprised

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.